DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up

Go down 
+7
SoulRat
laprimamirala
gdennis59
swiss_tiger
catbox_9
GoGetEmTigers
bobrob2004
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Empty
PostSubject: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedTue May 27, 2008 9:30 pm

ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Tigers placed designated hitter Gary Sheffield on the 15-day disabled list tonight and called up left-handed slugger Jeff Larish from Triple-A Toledo to take his spot on the 25-man roster.

Sheffield went on the D.L. with a strain of his left oblique. He grabbed his left side as he was running out a ground ball Monday night and left the game.

Larish, 25, is a first baseman. Last season with Double-A Erie, he led the Eastern League with 28 homers and was selected the Tigers’ minor league player of the year.

Larish was removed from tonight’s game before the third inning and was met with congratulations from teammates in the dugout.

“I was caught completely off guard,” he said, moments after leaving the game. “I had no idea it was coming.”

In 52 games this season at Triple-A Toledo, Larish has 16 homers and 43 RBIs. He’s third in the International League in homers.

Larish is expected to join the Tigers in time for Wednesday's game with the Angels. Manager Jim Leyland said that Larish will serve as the designated hitter agaisnt right-handed pitching.

The Tigers have an overabundance of right-handed hitters, and they have the worst record in the league against right-handed starters. Larish's addition will give the Tigers four everyday left-handed hitters against right-handers, one more than they've had at any time this season.

Larish will join fellow left-handed hitters Curtis Granderson, Carlos Guillen (a switch-hitter) and Matt Joyce in the lineup against right-handers, Leyland said.

More aches and pains

There’s a reason Carlos Guillen had a rough game - including two errors - Monday night at third base.

“He can hardly move - he’s got hemorrhoids so bad,” Tigers manager Jim Leyland said Tuesday. “He’s been playing with hemorrhoids that probably need to be lanced. He probably shouldn’t have been out there (third base on Monday).”

Leyland said the hemorrhoids have been bothering Guillen for about four or five days, but they have gotten worse in the last few days. “He could hardly walk (Monday night),” Leyland said.

On Tuesday night, Guillen replaced the ailing Gary Sheffield at DH

“I’m fine to play,” Guillen said Tuesday afternoon. “In this game, you give 100 percent, but you don’t feel 100 percent every day.”

Placido Polanco moved down from the second spot to take over Sheffield’s third spot in the lineup. Leyland, seeking more left-handed sock atop the order, put Matt Joyce in the second spot against right-hander Ervin Santana.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedTue May 27, 2008 9:52 pm

I just saw this on Motwon sports. You have to read their thread, it is funny. Big Smile Click below to read.

Carlos Guillen takes roids...
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedTue May 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Hooray on the Sheffield thing.

Too much info on the Guillen thing. Why not just say "Guillen is reasonably injured as he's got some abnormal growths".
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 3:05 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Why not just say "Guillen is reasonably injured as he's got some abnormal growths".
LMAO
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 3:06 am

We will see some more Brandon at 3rd in that case! 15day DL for Sheff!
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 11:06 am

YES!!!!! Finally, my wish has come true, not that I would wish pain upon anyone, but damn am I glad that Sheff is finally out of the lineup.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 11:30 am

gdennis59 wrote:
YES!!!!! Finally, my wish has come true, not that I would wish pain upon anyone, but damn am I glad that Sheff is finally out of the lineup.

I think we all feel that way. Nobody likes to see someone hurt but if this kept going people would be glad to see him suffer and that's not good. If this kept going until July he might get assassinated (not by me!)
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 1:56 pm

I wish Leyland would keep his players' maladies to himself. At the postgame interview he said they needed to be lanced! OMG--I hope he had Los' okay to say that! There are now federal laws in place that you cannot publicly discuss health matters without the consent of the patient!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 3:12 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
I just saw this on Motwon sports. You have to read their thread, it is funny. Big Smile Click below to read.

Carlos Guillen takes roids...

o-m-g I've heard it all now No
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 7:01 pm

Yay Jeff! I got his autograph on Friday at the Mud Hens game. I think I can actually like Mud Hens because its good if they get moved to a different team (like the Tigers) right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 7:06 pm

Hopefully Leyland puts Larish in the lineup tonight
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 7:07 pm

I hope so too. Something's gotta get shaken up before we lose every game in the next week!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Yes!
Back to top Go down
Casey21
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Casey21

Female
Number of posts : 503
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Sean Casey . . . oh dang he's a Red Sox now!
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 8:02 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:
Yay Jeff! I got his autograph on Friday at the Mud Hens game. I think I can actually like Mud Hens because its good if they get moved to a different team (like the Tigers) right?

Yes mrsrabelo I think Mud Hens are safe for you to like!!!!

Heart u!!!! Hug
Back to top Go down
detigersfan06
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
detigersfan06

Female
Number of posts : 1426
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : **Inge**, Granderson, Polonco, Magglio, Verlander, ok all of them!!
Registration date : 2007-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 8:59 pm

I knew I saw this coming!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up   Sheffield placed on DL, Larish called up Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: