DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Senator Edward Kennedy

Go down 
+6
Trinita
GoGetEmTigers
catbox_9
iluvpudge7
gs78
laprimamirala
10 posters
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Senator Edward Kennedy Empty
PostSubject: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Sen. Kennedy, 76, diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor
By GLEN JOHNSON • Associated Press • May 20, 2008

A cancerous brain tumor caused the seizure Sen. Edward M. Kennedy suffered over the weekend, doctors said Tuesday in a grim diagnosis for one of American politics’ most enduring figures.

Doctors for the Massachusetts Democrat say tests conducted after Kennedy suffered a seizure this weekend show a tumor in his left parietal lobe. Preliminary results from a biopsy of the brain identified the cause of the seizure as a malignant glioma.

His treatment will be decided after more tests but the usual course includes combinations of radiation and chemotherapy.

“I’m really sad,” former Sen. Bob Kerrey, D-Neb., said when told in a Senate hallway about Kennedy’s condition. “He’s the one politician who brings tears to my eyes when he speaks.”

The 76-year-old senator has been hospitalized in Boston since Saturday, when he was airlifted from Cape Cod after a seizure at his home.

“He has had no further seizures, remains in good overall condition, and is up and walking around the hospital,” said a joint statement issued by Dr. Lee Schwamm, vice chairman of the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Dr. Larry Ronan, Kennedy’s primary care physician.

The doctors said Kennedy will remain in the hospital “for the next couple of days according to routine protocol.”

“He remains in good spirits and full of energy,” they said.

Kennedy’s wife and children have been with him each day but have made no public statements.

Malignant gliomas are a type of brain cancer diagnosed in about 9,000 Americans a year — and the most common type among adults. It’s a starting diagnosis: How well patients fare depends on what specific tumor type is determined by further testing.

Average survival can range from less than a year for very advanced and aggressive types — such as glioblastomas — or to about five years for different types that are slower growing.

Kennedy, the second-longest serving member of the Senate and a dominant figure in national Democratic Party politics, was elected in 1962, filling out the term won by his brother, John F. Kennedy.

Kennedy eldest brother, Joseph, was killed in a World War II airplane crash. President John Kennedy was assassinated in 1963 and his brother Robert was assassinated in 1968.

Kennedy is active for his age, maintaining an aggressive schedule on Capitol Hill and across Massachusetts. He has made several campaign appearances for the Illinois senator in February, and most recently another in April.

Kennedy, the senior senator from Massachusetts and the Senate’s second-longest serving member, was re-elected in 2006 and is not up for election again until 2012.

Were he to resign or die in office, state law requires a special election for the seat no sooner than 145 days and no later than 160 days after the vacancy occurs.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedSat May 24, 2008 4:15 pm

Why you have to live everyday to the fullest!

Tomorrow is not guaranteed
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedSat May 24, 2008 4:17 pm

Maybe if we didn't spend billions of dollars on war; we could find cures and treatments for life threatening ailments.

But that is another story!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedSat May 24, 2008 4:45 pm

gs78 wrote:

death sure doesn't give a shit who you are!!!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedSat May 24, 2008 5:15 pm

Exactly
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedSat May 24, 2008 11:37 pm

laprimamirala wrote:
gs78 wrote:

death sure doesn't give a shit who you are!!!

LMAO Don't know why I'm laughing, but that was kinda funny. Poor Ted.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedSun May 25, 2008 2:13 am

That's why I drink and eat like I do!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 3:09 am

He appeared before the Senate today for the first time before returning to Boston for treatment. He had brain surgery on June 2.

I just read up on his wikipedia article and he seems like my kind of senator. I agree with practically every policy he has.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:42 am

catbox_9 wrote:
He appeared before the Senate today for the first time before returning to Boston for treatment. He had brain surgery on June 2.

I just read up on his wikipedia article and he seems like my kind of senator. I agree with practically every policy he has.

Yep, you are a California liberal!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
Trinita
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Trinita

Female
Number of posts : 431
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 10:33 am

OK, here's the question... if you were diagnosed with a short amount of time to live, what would you want to do before you died???

Other than meet Magglio Ordonez, I would have to say.... go on a cruise down the Amazon.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 11:49 am

I would need to do more than just meet him!

Senator Edward Kennedy Bright10
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 11:52 am

laprimamirala wrote:
I would need to do more than just meet him!

Senator Edward Kennedy Bright10

would be great if he was scanning for me!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 1:15 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Yep, you are a California liberal!

Yep Big Smile He's Massachusettian though. I guess we're all the same :shrug:

Actually, I can't be 100% sure I agree with everything as I didn't read every issue on wikipedia. Namely, I only glanced at his Northern Ireland policy and didn't really pay attention to it. I'm in favor of a unification of N. Ireland and the Republic of Ireland but don't recall if that's his idea. As an American, that issue isn't all that important and if he were running for President that issue wouldn't even matter. Still, I'm ever-so-slightly Irish so I care ever-so-slightly.

Last edited by catbox_9 on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 1:16 pm

Trinita wrote:
OK, here's the question... if you were diagnosed with a short amount of time to live, what would you want to do before you died???

Quit school!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 2:18 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Trinita wrote:

Quit school!

Good answer! clap clap
Back to top Go down
prod
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
prod

Female
Number of posts : 825
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : i want pudge back

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Trinita wrote:

Other than meet Magglio Ordonez, I would have to say.... go on a cruise down the Amazon.

:pudge:
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 7:24 pm

Trinita wrote:

Be able to sit down and talk to all the Tigers on an off-season, around the world cruise! (of course with our own section of the cruise ship Big Smile )
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:01 pm

heck, no one else on board except the crew!
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Trinita wrote:

Go to at least one game at Comerica and make sure I said everything to everyone that I've always meant to.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:18 pm

laprimamirala wrote:

And the DTF1 family members. Group Hug Metal Big Smile
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:20 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
laprimamirala wrote:

And the DTF1 family members. Group Hug Metal Big Smile

and tiger s!!!!
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Trinita wrote:

hmmm. Go to Florida for 2 days when Miller and Scotty O are pitching back to back and of course meet them (duh :haha: ), then I'd have to go to Boston on St. Paddy's Day to see and meet DKM. THEN I would have to take a trip to Ireland. Not asking for much huh?
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 pm

Not going on the Tiger - DTF1 Family world cruise Soul? We can make a stop in Ireland!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm ready! when do we leave? Big Smile
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Not going on the Tiger - DTF1 Family world cruise Soul? We can make a stop in Ireland!

Well then yes! Sign me up Nod Nod
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 9:11 pm

SoulRat wrote:
GoGetEmTigers wrote:

Well then yes! Sign me up Nod Nod

SoulRat and Lap are booked!

tiger love PARTY! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedFri Jul 11, 2008 2:47 am

Have Fun Ladies!

If i had 6 months to live, I be drunk off my ass everyday
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedFri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 am

SoulRat wrote:
Trinita wrote:

hmmm. Go to Florida for 2 days when Miller and Scotty O are pitching back to back and of course meet them (duh :haha: ), then I'd have to go to Boston on St. Paddy's Day to see and meet DKM. THEN I would have to take a trip to Ireland. Not asking for much huh?

I've already done that! Well not the Florida, Miller, Scotty O, Boston, or DKM part. I have been to Ireland though!
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_minipostedFri Jul 11, 2008 4:16 am

I guess I'd go to Scotland...

Or maybe not...

My sister went there to study abroad and mentioned that we were from the Douglas clan, which was apparently some kind of mistake. People hate the Douglas clan for some reason... I mean, they burned villages and stole women and stuff, but that's no reason to HATE them right? LMAO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senator Edward Kennedy   Senator Edward Kennedy Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Senator Edward Kennedy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: