DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Writing essays

Go down 
+2
SoulRat
catbox_9
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Writing essays - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat May 10, 2008 2:28 am

Pass!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat May 10, 2008 2:29 am

I had enough history in high school and college.
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Number of posts : 7415
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat May 10, 2008 1:20 pm

Haha, bet you did, maybe I could go to the MLB straight out of HS...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/baseballer41001
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun May 11, 2008 2:16 pm

gdennis59 wrote:
Well, I think we should postpone this for the summer. I have finals to study for and 3 different massive projects (English, History, Science) to do and I wouldnt be able to fit it in.

my finals start... tomorrow. lol. I have done no studying because I've been in Cincinati since Friday. And I think i might fail one or two of them Frown
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd Jones, Miguel Cabrera, Jeremy Bonderman, Max Scherzer, Scott Sizemore

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon May 12, 2008 11:00 am

Wow, that sux Holl, ours are on the last week of school, and I havent studied yet, but most of them should be easy.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon May 12, 2008 4:55 pm

My are going to be really hard. The one tomorrow is diagramming, everything we have ever learned (the sentance will be a compound complex sentance, with gerunds, participles, and infinitives. along with many other things). Also there are many other parts.... so thats not fun...
Back to top Go down
gdennis59
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gdennis59

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 13, 2008 11:41 am

Doesnt sound like it, If my Algebra final is any bit like last year's, I should be fine, last years I passed easy. My history final is only over this last nine weeks of school, so im cool there. Science is easy, period. I can pass that final with minor studying. and french, I hate it, prolly will fail that one.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 13, 2008 5:01 pm

Hmmm, well lets see. I took a 60 question test today, and got 11 wrong. And then we did the diagramming... I had no idea what i was doing. Math I should be fine on... And spanish I have to memorize this conversation thing... yuck.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 13, 2008 7:33 pm

GOOD NEWS essay fans:

You've complained, and I've listened. The new-and-improved DTF1 essay contest is explained in great detail here.

A lot of you don't care for this particular topic so it is no longer the topic. But wait, some of you did like this one. Don't fear, it's still available. I have now provided 10 topics ranging from history to literature and more!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 4:24 pm

Damnit! I have to write another 3-4 page essay today rant

Any Hindus / experts on The Ramayana out there?

All 3 prompts suck, but I'll probably write my essay on this:

3. Is Rama really never wrong?

Well he did kill someone so if I can justify that I can say he's infallible.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 5:39 pm

I have 3 essays due in the next 5 days, and then i'm out of school!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 9:06 pm

TigersGirl wrote:

I had an essay due earlier today that I totally forgot about Smack I'm writing that now. I hope they'll accept it late. I used to care about grades, not anymore. I had an A going in this class but need to get about 40% on this paper to have a good shot at passing. My previous paper got an A so hopefully by turning it in less than 12 hours late I can get at least half credit (most classes take away 3.3% - 10% per day being late...hopefully this one is the same pray ).

After that I'll write the paper mentioned in my last post (due tomorrow).
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue May 20, 2008 11:36 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
TigersGirl wrote:

I had an essay due earlier today that I totally forgot about Smack I'm writing that now. I hope they'll accept it late. I used to care about grades, not anymore. I had an A going in this class but need to get about 40% on this paper to have a good shot at passing. My previous paper got an A so hopefully by turning it in less than 12 hours late I can get at least half credit (most classes take away 3.3% - 10% per day being late...hopefully this one is the same pray ).

After that I'll write the paper mentioned in my last post (due tomorrow).

Well that art essay is done. I emailed the TA a copy of it and will drop off a copy in his box tomorrow. It was only 7 hours late so hopefully I'll get some credit for it. I think 7 hours late is quite amazing all things considered - I hadn't started until it was 90 minutes late. Prior to starting I had to walk to the museum, check out some exhibitions, walk to the art library, and then walk back to my apartment (about 3 miles worth of walking). I then had to do some online research and write a 4 page paper.

Now for the other paper. Due tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed May 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Will these essays never end? What the hell? I'm not an English major. Most quarters I write like 0 essays. I just counted and this quarter I have to write a total of 10 (3 more).

Due tomorrow:
SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY:
In 3-4 pages describe an experience that you have had either a very positive or a very negative outcome and use the ideas from one or more of the books you have read to help you develop a new understanding of why things occurred the way they did and what factors helped bring about this outcome.
Who cares? I haven't had any extreme outcomes - I like to keep everything neither good nor bad. I suppose I could write about how I broke my arm and how I'm afraid of needles now (although I don't think the two events are actually related - I'll say they are). This will be like the 55th time I've written about this event which is probably the best thing that's ever happened to me - if my arm didn't break what would those papers be about?

I also have to write a 1 page essay for cognitive psychology but I haven't even bothered to look at the topic yet since it's so short.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu May 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Both of those essays are done! 1 more essay this quarter. I don't know the topic choices yet, but it'll be a 3-4 page paper on the Tao Te Ching.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu May 29, 2008 1:45 pm

im good at writing essays lol
i got a creative mind Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 2:12 am

Cool
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat May 31, 2008 10:35 am

Paul McCartney Fan 1987 wrote:
im good at writing essays lol
i got a creative mind Smile
Me too! I was handeda stuffed animal at one time and told to write abou it, and I wrote a really cool essay about how he was locked in the basement (his name was Jeremy blake)and he had a friend namerd Gary Jeter. And then they escaped..... It was really long.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 6:01 pm

I have to write another essay tonight Sad
Last one of the quarter (unless you count the four in-class essays I have to write tomorrow)!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedMon Jun 09, 2008 10:19 pm

Paper due at midnight (although the professor made it clear that we can have pretty much a 2 week extension if we want it...I don't). I'll pick the topic that's pick a "chapter" and analyze it. Why not the 2nd one:

All beneath heaven knows beauty is beauty
only because there's ugliness,
and knows good is good
only because there's evil.

Being and nonbeing give birth to one another,
difficult and easy to complete one another,
long and short measure one another,
high and low fill one another,
music and noise harmonize one another,
before and after follow one another:

that's why a sage abides in the realm of nothing's own doing,
living out that wordless teaching.
The ten thousand things arise without beginnings there,
abide without waiting there,
come to perfection without dwelling there.

Without dwelling there: that's the only way
you'll never lose it.

yawn
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 12:03 am

yawn
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 12:50 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
yawn

Want to write it for me? I hate writing poetry-based essays. You take about 50 words and write 4 pages on them. Luckily I'm done Big Smile Also, poetry essays always turn out better since you can't spend half a page going "And then this happened followed by this and then this happened and then BLAH! ". No plot summary when there's no plot to summarize!
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jun 10, 2008 12:13 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:
yawn

Want to write it for me? I hate writing poetry-based essays. You take about 50 words and write 4 pages on them. Luckily I'm done Big Smile Also, poetry essays always turn out better since you can't spend half a page going "And then this happened followed by this and then this happened and then BLAH! ". No plot summary when there's no plot to summarize!

I don't mind writing English analysis papers, but I hate analyzing poetry. Back in high school we read a poem that had a lot of nature metaphors and someone said it had to deal with life and death and I thought, "how the hell did you get that from this?" I can't remember which poem it was Sorry.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jun 11, 2008 2:31 pm

I hate reading poetry but I'd rather analyze it - unless it's a ballad (ballad is a poem telling a story, right?). If it's telling a story I get the same problem - nothing but plot summary. I don't know how to write an essay without mentioning the plot. I always get yelled at for it though.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedThu Jul 24, 2008 1:36 am

Bump

All kinds of paper writing at the end of this summer quarter rant

Due tomorrow: A 5-7 page article critiquing a magazine article on parenting. It must include 2 references to journal articles.
PROGRESS: Done YAY!

Due Friday: A 1000-1500 word (aprox. 3-5 pages) paper on California history.
PROGRESS: I haven't looked at the prompts yet

Due Tuesday: A 5 page paper on observing infants (3 of the pages are just data) at a daycare.
PROGRESS: I observed the infants

Due Next Friday: A 7+ page APA-style paper based on naturalistic observations at a science museum.
PROGRESS: Data is collected and I have 15 pages of data analysis from a computer statistical program (SPSS for Windows).
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Jul 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Bump
UPDATE:

catbox_9 wrote:

Due tomorrow: A 5-7 page article critiquing a magazine article on parenting. It must include 2 references to journal articles.

PROGRESS: Done Yay2

Due Tuesday: A 5 page paper on observing infants (3 of the pages are just data) at a daycare.
PROGRESS: I observed the infants

Due Next Friday: A 7+ page APA-style paper based on naturalistic observations at a science museum.
PROGRESS: Data is collected and I have 15 pages of data analysis from a computer statistical program (SPSS for Windows).
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 am

Update Number 2

catbox_9 wrote:

PROGRESS: Done Champagne

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Jul 30, 2008 1:09 am

catbox_9 wrote:
Update Number 2

catbox_9 wrote:

PROGRESS: Done Champagne

I'm sorry bud.
That doesn't sound like fun at all. No
It'll be over before you know it. Wink
Then...then all the *fun* will begin until the next quarter starts.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedWed Aug 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Oh yeah...all essays are done Yay2

Here's all the work I have to do before I graduate.
History of California:
2 short papers (I forget the length) due 8/15
1000-1500 word paper due 8/29

Adolescent Development:
In lieu of a midterm or final the class has 5 multiple choice (25 question) quizzes each of which is worth 12.5 points. They are every Thursday starting 8/14. The best 4 count. The class also has 5 2-3 page papers each of which is worth 12.5 points. The best 4 count. They are due once a week starting next week. That's it for that class.

Psychobiology of Stress and Bodily Disease:
The class is 2 midterms, NO PAPERS!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Aug 29, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm writing my final paper for my history of California class. This one is really boring. After every sentence I take like 30 minutes off rant

I'd like to figure out who invented essays and beat them half to death....and then all the way to death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing essays   Writing essays - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Writing essays
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next