DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Your earliest Tiger memory?

Go down 
+2
TigerLily
laprimamirala
6 posters
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Your earliest Tiger memory? Empty
PostSubject: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun Apr 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Share your first memories of the Tigers.
Mine was really the first time I'd ever heard of the team...on Magnum P.I. when Tramm and Lou made their appearance on the show and Tom Selleck always wore his old English D cap.
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun Apr 27, 2008 3:19 pm

I think I've always loved baseball... but the Tigers became a big part of my life when it was the only common ground between my grandpa and me.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 2:49 pm

My earliest Tigers memory was playing baseball with some friends at my Grandma's house. We would pretend we were players from the Tigers. I was always in the "outfield" and pretended to be Gibby.

The one moment I will never forget was going to my 1st baseball game Ever....Baltimore Orioles @ "The Corner of Michigan and Trumbull." 1984
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Somebody give Ohio a beer!! Cheers 2
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSat May 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Okay, so I remember going to Tiger Stadium once, but not much about it. None of my family likes baseball, so we never watched it either.... the first game I can actually remember.....

I was probably 10 years old, at Comerica park. We were playing the Marlins. I knew absolutely NOTHING about baseball. All I knew was you hit the ball and ran. So I was sitting there getting it explained to me by my dad. And my dad, well, my dad enjoys making fun of people. So he was making fun of one of the tiger's name. I can't remember who, but I know I didn't really care much at the time. We won by 2 runs.

I didn't start watching baseball until a couple years after that.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSat May 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Earliest Tiger memory scratch I was older than I should have been ashamed

Spoiler:
I was in Michigan...Detroit to be exact...and my uncle drove me by Tiger Stadium. The season hadn't quite started (although it was April) so I didn't get to go inside.

For an even earlier "memory" there's a baby picture of me in a Tigers outfit :haha: If I remember I'll scan it next time I'm home.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 2:24 am

Did you even see Tiger Stadium from the inside Catbox?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 2:36 am

gs78 wrote:
Did you even see Tiger Stadium from the inside Catbox?

Sadly, no. Those pictures I posted here are the closest I ever came to seeing the inside.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 2:38 am

That's too bad Catbox!

Have you ever been to Comerica Park?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 2:41 am

I was there over the summer and sort of got to go inside. Only a small section of the stadium was open (down the first base line if memory serves me right). They had some stuff for sale and one of the gift shops was open. The park seemed okay, but nothing compared to what was left of Tiger Stadium.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 2:44 am

You got that right!

I miss the shade of Tiger Stadium. Too much sun at Comerica Park.

If you ever go to a Tigers Game, go to a night game, especially in the summer
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 2:48 am

Day games suck. Period. I've been to day games in Oakland, LA, Anaheim, and San Diego and I was miserable at all of them. It doesn't matter if it's 70 degrees - it feels like 100 degrees. The only day games that are any good are indoor ones and I've never seen indoor baseball.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 2:52 am

Day Games were cool at Tiger Stadium; You could sit in the lower deck bleachers or behind home plate and be in the shade all day.

I miss the shadows that moved in from third base and spread over the entire infield by late afternoon

If you watch Next Saturday's Game, even at 6 pm, the infield and pitchers mound and home plate are still in the fucking sun
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 2:52 am

Sun Merica Park!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your earliest Tiger memory?   Your earliest Tiger memory? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Your earliest Tiger memory?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: WHATEVER!-
Jump to: