DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

The Petrified Forest (1936)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Petrified Forest (1936) Empty
PostSubject: The Petrified Forest (1936)   The Petrified Forest (1936) Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Starring Leslie Howard and Bette Davis. This is Humphrey Bogart's big break.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

The Petrified Forest (1936) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Petrified Forest (1936)   The Petrified Forest (1936) Icon_minipostedSun Apr 13, 2008 12:28 am

This was different I suppose. The first thing I noticed was the set. This film takes place in the petrified forest of Arizona but this is certainly not shot on location but rather in front of some fake set. Overall, this doesn't really matter.

The entire movie takes place, for the most part, in real time. In fact, the movie is only about 3 scenes long. There's the scene at the gas station, the scene as people drive away, and then the scene back at the gas station.

Bogart isn't the star of this film, but I'll mention him first anyways. He originally wasn't supposed to get the part but the male lead to this film, Leslie Howard, insisted that Bogart get the part. Bogart was forever grateful and named his daughter Leslie in his honor. Anyways, his acting is pretty good and it's kind of cool to see him as a bad guy.

Leslie Howard is excellent in this film. He has a lot of dialogue in this film and he does a pretty believable job with it.

The same thing can be said for Bette Davis. She and Howard do a pretty good job together especially right at the end.

This isn't the greatest film I've ever seen by any means, but I thought it was good enough. It's the oldest American film I've ever seen although it isn't the oldest film I've seen - The Man Who Knew Too Much is a couple years older.

77/100
C+

UP NEXT: Let's stick with the 1930s gangster movies and watch Angels With Dirty Faces
Back to top Go down

The Petrified Forest (1936)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: