DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Snowed out!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 10:23 am

Rockies-Braves game snowed out
Thursday's tickets remain valid for June 16 makeup date
By Thomas Harding / MLB.com

DENVER -- Snow forced the postponement of Thursday afternoon's Braves-Rockies game at Coors Field. It has been rescheduled for June 16.
The Rockies were looking to complete a sweep of the four-game set. Instead, they have a day off and will travel to meet the Diamondbacks in a three-game series that starts on Friday night. It will open a nine-game road trip.

Rockies left-hander Jeff Francis, scheduled to start on Thursday, has been pushed back to Friday. It'll be a rematch for Francis, who gave up five runs and 12 hits, including three home runs, in a 7-2 loss to the Diamondbacks at Coors Field on April 5.

It's the second postponement of the season for the Rockies, whose March 31 opener on the road against the Cardinals was called after 2 1/3 innings because of rain. Francis pitched that day, and trailed, 5-1, when it was called. All statistics from that day were washed away, as well.

Thursday's snowout also gave the Rockies a break. Because the opener was moved to the following day, which was originally an off-day, the Rockies were supposed to play 13 straight days. Now they get to rest Thursday, play three against the Diamondbacks at Chase Field, have another off-day on Monday, then embark on a stretch of games on 16 straight days, beginning with three-game sets against the Padres and the Astros. They return to Coors Field on April 21 against the Phillies at 6:35 p.m. MT.

The Rockies had beaten the Braves in three straight games to salvage a home-schedule-opening stand that began with them suffering a three-game sweep at the hands of the Diamondbacks.

Tickets for Thursday's game will be valid on June 16, but they may also be exchanged for any game the rest of the season, value for value. Discounted tickets may be exchanged for only the amount paid. All exchanges, which must be made by the first pitch of the makeup date, will be accepted at the Coors Field ticket office and all Rockies Dugout Stores. Call (303) ROCKIES for information.

The National League Championship Replica Trophy giveaway also has been moved to June 16.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 1:30 pm

SNOW IS EVIL!!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 1:38 pm

It can be....
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 1:59 pm

When I heard this, I laughed, but now the weather here says snow Saturday. I should have kept my laughing mouth shut No
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 3:10 pm

ah, spring! if it's not tornadoes, it's a blizzard!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 1:22 am

Last time a Tigers game was snowed out was April 24, 2005 versus Minnesota; Rain and Snow postponed the game the day before also.
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 6:01 am

you were there, I bet! Smile
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 11:52 pm

I had tickets for both games; The first game was postponed after I already driven to Comerica[ the ushers by the gates announced it was cancelled] i got there early because they were giving away Al Kaline baseball cards.

The next day: I woke up to see it snowing all over the place; I called the box office and they said the game was postponed, saving me a trip down there
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedSun Apr 13, 2008 8:04 am

you could write your own book, gs!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedSun Apr 13, 2008 11:53 pm

I probably could!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 7:25 am

and make a little return on the investment you've made in the Tigs!
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 8:19 am

I definitely would order a copy of that book! :lol:
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 8:22 am

me too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snowed out!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snowed out!!   Snowed out!! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Snowed out!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: Colorado Rockies-
Jump to: