DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedWed Apr 09, 2008 10:03 pm

So I'm super cheap and tired of paying $100 for cable every month when I have satellite at home (which has more channels). I was watching the Giants game last night and they kept advertising this slingbox thing. I've heard of it, but not much.

Basically you hook it up to your TV and then you can watch your TV anywhere in the world through the internet. Best of all, there are no monthly fees. The slingbox is only like $200 so in 2 months it'd be paid for.

Has anyone ever used one of these? Are they any good? Etc.?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 1:57 am

What?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 2:24 am

Slingbox. You hook it up to your TV and then you can watch your TV from your computer anywhere in the world (assuming you have a laptop). You can also watch your TV from a cell phone if it gets video.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 2:25 am

scratch It can do that? News to me! Shocked
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 2:39 am

Yeah, that's how they work. They're like $200 but if they work it'd be well worth it. Like I said in my first post, I have satellite at my mom's house and $100/mo basic cable here. If I could watch my mom's satellite on my computer here it'd be worth the $200. There's no monthly fees!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 5:46 pm

Is it legal? You can get 10 years in the Federal Pen for stealing Cable!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 6:20 pm

gs78 wrote:
Is it legal? You can get 10 years in the Federal Pen for stealing Cable!

Yes, it's legal. They sell it at Best Buy, Circuit City, Amazon.com, etc. They advertised it during a Giants game. It isn't stealing cable - you have to subscribe to cable and then you can watch your cable anywhere as long as you have your computer. You can control your cable from your computer, too.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 12:13 am

OH! ashamed
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 am

You are not stealing cable or sat since you have to have those to send over the internet to YOUR computer. It sounds interesting.

CLICK HERE FOR SLINGBOX SITE
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 12:19 am

ashamed
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 12:30 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
You are not stealing cable or sat since you have to have those to send over the internet to YOUR computer. It sounds interesting.

CLICK HERE FOR SLINGBOX SITE

I checked out that site the other day. Their site makes it seem very good (obviously). The reviews on Amazon are fairly favorable, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?   Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever hear of / used a slingbox?
Page 1 of 1