DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Empty
PostSubject: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Link

Marlins promote right-hander Badenhop
04/07/2008 6:26 AM ET
By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Burke Badenhop impressed in Spring Training, and he dazzled in his first Double-A start.

Based on his strong showings, the Marlins wasted little time promoting the 25-year-old right-hander to the big leagues.

Badenhop will join the Marlins on Monday in Washington, and he will join the rotation either on Friday or Sunday.

A need for a starter surfaced on Sunday when 22-year-old right-hander Rick VandenHurk was optioned to Double-A.

For Badenhop, this will be his first opportunity at the big league level. A former All-Academic performer at Bowling Green, the Atlanta, Ga., native was a 19th-round draft pick in 2005.

The Marlins acquired Badenhop from the Tigers in December in the deal that sent Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis to Detroit.

A sinkerball pitcher, Badenhop came to the Marlins with the reputation of being highly competitive on the mound. Most important, he has shown he can throw strikes.

Badenhop was Double-A Carolina's Opening Day starter, and he worked 6 1/3 innings, allowing one unearned run on six hits. He struck out three and didn't walk a batter.

By adding Badenhop, the Marlins now have two of the pitchers obtained in the trade with the Tigers in their rotation. Andrew Miller, a first-round pick in 2006, will make his second start for Florida on Monday against the Nationals.

Badenhop has logged 408 1/3 innings at the Minor League level. He doesn't have much Double-A experience, a total of four starts and 25 innings. But because he is 25 and has shown maturity, the team believes he is ready to break into the big leagues.

Badenhop would be available to start either on Friday or Sunday in Houston. He will get one of those games, while Ricky Nolasco will get the other.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 6:22 pm

You really take this team serious it seems. I thought you just cared about Miller but I get the feeling you genuinely care if someone like Hanley Ramirez does any good on a given night.

Maybe I should focus on my NL team - the Giants have 250,000+ times as many wins as the Tigers this year.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Yeah, they are kinda fun to watch. I never really paid any attention to any NL teams before. Their games are fun but seem to take a whole lot longer on average than AL games.

Right now, they are the only team that I'm paying attention to that has won No
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 6:52 pm

NL baseball is far superior than AL baseball. For one, the pitchers bat.

Like a brilliant (not me) person once said:
Baseball is a game of two teams of nine, not two teams of eight and two halves.

He didn't win a Nobel Prize for that, but should have.

Giants have won a game, too. I was there Big Smile
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 7:02 pm

I'm finding that I love watching the pitchers bat :haha: Sometimes they are pretty darn good!

:haha: I know! Go Giants!

I figured since I paid so much for Extra Innings, I had better watch it more often than once every 5 days and since the only team I give any sort of crap about other than Detroit is the Marlins, yeah, I've been watching. It's hard to not get excited when they do well, they are such underdogs. I feel sorry for them because they have like... zero fans LMAO Other than their pitching, they really aren't THAT bad... well, sometimes they look like a little league team, but they CAN hit the ball, which is more than I can say for... someone else... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 7:10 pm

When Miller isn't pitching you should watch Tim Lincecum. As a west coast team you could probably watch them even when Miller pitches - their games start 3 hours apart. I don't know the exact rankings, but Lincecum is right up there with the shortest pitchers in baseball at 5'11.5'' (he insists on being listed at 6'0 in the media guide even though it's a lie).

It gives me hope - I don't know my exact height but it's somewhere between 5'10 and 5'11. I never realized how short I was until my anatomy class last quarter where we all huddled around the professor and I couldn't see over anybody Frown
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 7:39 pm

LMAO That's not short, *I* am short, if I were a guy I'd have to wear lifts in my shoes so I wouldn't get my ass beat :haha:

Spoiler:

I'll have to check Lincecum out, when does he pitch again?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 10:18 pm

You're shorter than me LMAO
Girls are shorter than guys though. I still say I'm below average - probably the 40th percentile or so for a male. Then again, maybe not.

Lincecum pitches tomorrow against the Padres. It's at 7:15 SF time. You should watch - his delivery is arguably the coolest in baseball.

Spoiler:

STIRRUPS! Thud
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 10:26 pm

STRIPPUPS!! Thud
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 10:48 pm

SoulRat wrote:
STRIPPUPS!! Thud

Thud

I'd say something else but children might read this board.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedWed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 am

SoulRat wrote:

I'll have to check Lincecum out, when does he pitch again?

Are you watching? He's up 2-0 through 3.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedWed Apr 09, 2008 12:04 am

I watched part of it, I'm getting ready to go to bed... Go Lincecum!! Go Giants!! clap
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedWed Apr 09, 2008 12:14 am

Bed? confused

Lincecum has a shutout through 4 and 6 K's. His ERA is now 1.13 - that's better than some Fish whistle
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedWed Apr 09, 2008 12:22 am

It's better than MOST Fish if not ALL Fish LMAO
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_minipostedWed Apr 09, 2008 12:24 am

Oh yeah bed, my stupid directv quit working due to rain and I have a headache so bah, Censored it, today was just a bad day :haha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop   Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Marlins Promote Right-Hander Badenhop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: MLB TEAMS :: Florida / Miami Marlins-
Jump to: