DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Last Tango In Paris - 1973

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Last Tango In Paris - 1973 Empty
PostSubject: Last Tango In Paris - 1973   Last Tango In Paris - 1973 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 10:31 pm

Growing up, I remember when "Last Tango In Paris" came out and was the first X rated picture our hometown theater showed. Boy what a stink that made. Everyone was upset that The La Parisienin Garden City, MI showed it. From that day on, it was known as "The La Perversion" theater!

"THE THEATER"

The La Parisien was built by Walter Shafer somewhere around 1939 and was opened as the Shafer-Garden City. It was the second theater that the Shafer family owned, the other being the Shafer-Wayne. The Shafer-Garden City was remodeled and renamed a short time after the Quo Vadis opened, sometime around 1966. The La Parisien was the areas first luxary indoor theater with rocking-chair seats. The concept probably was the brainstorm of the Schafer family who owned many theaters in THE METRO DETROIT including the Ford-Wyoming drive in.

"THE MOVIE"

Last Tango in Paris (Italian: Ultimo Tango a Parigi) is a 1973 film directed by italian Bernardo Bertolucci, which tells the story of an American widower who is drawn into a sexual relationship with a young, soon-to-be-married Parisian woman. It stars Marlon Brando, Maria Schneider and Jean-Pierre Léaud. The film was given an X rating by the MPAA upon initial release. After revisions were made to the MPAA ratings code, it was classified as an NC-17, in 1997. MGM released an R-rated cut in 1981.

The main stars should have been Dominique Sanda, who developed the original idea with Bertolucci, and Jean-Louis Trintignant, but Trintignant refused to do it, and, when Brando accepted, Sanda was pregnant and decided not to do it.

The movie was written by Bernardo Bertolucci, Franco Arcalli and Agnès Varda (additional dialogue) and was novelized by Robert Alley. It was directed by Bertolucci and cinematography by Vittorio Storaro. Agnès Varda also based the last scenes on the death of Jim Morrison in Paris that occurred the previous year.

The orchestral jazz soundtrack was composed by Gato Barbieri, and arranged and conducted by Oliver Nelson.

Spoiler:

It was nominated for Academy Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role (Marlon Brando) and Best Director (Bernardo Bertolucci).

In reference to the anal-sex scene, Ms. Schneider was quoted in the July 23, 2007, issue of the New York Post (which in turn got the quote from London's Daily Mail) as saying: "That scene wasn't in the original script. The truth is it was Marlon who came up with the idea . . . I should have called my agent or had my lawyer come to the set because you can't force someone to do something that isn't in the script." As they shot the scene, "I was crying real tears. I felt humiliated and, to be honest, I felt a little raped . . . Thankfully, there was just one take." Ms. Schneider was 19 years old when she appeared in the film.

Last edited by GoGetEmTigers on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Last Tango In Paris - 1973   Last Tango In Paris - 1973 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 10:38 pm

Hmm....I might add this to my list whistle
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Last Tango In Paris - 1973   Last Tango In Paris - 1973 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 05, 2008 12:09 am

See if you can get the non-MGM version. whistle
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last Tango In Paris - 1973   Last Tango In Paris - 1973 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 05, 2008 12:10 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
See if you can get the non-MGM version. whistle

Let's see what Amazon has (I'm not necessarily buying it, but if the NC-17/X version is the one for sale it'll be the one for download).

EDIT: Amazon says it's Rated X Big Smile
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Last Tango In Paris - 1973   Last Tango In Paris - 1973 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 05, 2008 12:17 am

You dirty minded young man! whistle Shocked LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Last Tango In Paris - 1973   Last Tango In Paris - 1973 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 05, 2008 12:52 am

Well you don't want the censored / edited version.

What good is free speech if it's censored or edited?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Tango In Paris - 1973   Last Tango In Paris - 1973 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Last Tango In Paris - 1973
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: