DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

My story I wrote for English today....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My story I wrote for English today.... Empty
PostSubject: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 6:52 pm

Well it will be in the next post following this one.

I think I am going to have to re-type it on here.

Enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 7:07 pm

Good story!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 7:19 pm

Well, I emailed to myself, and it won't open on this computer as a Word 2003 document, which is the version on this computer.

I wrote it on the 2007 edition I have on my laptop. It's sort of long, so I am about to start typing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 8:30 pm

That Was Then and This Is Now-

There once were a few men. Their names were Chad Urban, Ryan Loburn, and Curtis Sampson. They once all did the same thing, that was play professional baseball. As they got older though, it became more arduous than ever before. The men were actually quite auspicious, but in the long run their age is what got to them. Chad was the most intrepid of the three, he was almost forty-five years old before they convinced him that pitching sixty miles per hour, was just not cutting it. His old, tired arm was just not as great as it used to be. Ryan was an outfielder. He got tired of the people, reviling him every time he went in the outfield during each game. Curtis got really worked up by the fact that people made fun of his pliant abilities when stretching in centerfield position. For all these reasons, they players felt a sense of inanimate pride. They no longer had the energy or spirit to play the game.

After the three men decided to retire, they felt a sense of reprieve Then, they had no idea what to do with themselves. Chad, Ryan, and Curtis all went a little crazy. The three of them absconded from their lives. They now could access their new future.

Chad's new hobby was story-telling and he told a lot of stories about past governments. His personal favorite past government was the anarchy. He wasn't really biased in his opinions when sharing, he just told stories with historical correctness and explained everything the right way. Curtis favorite thing was the daunting task of washing cars. He couldn't really explain how or why he liked doing that so much, but that is what he enjoyed. On days where he didn't wash any cars, Curtis went to salvage centers and disentangled ropes. Ryan was looking for a new person to share his life with, and he ended up fated by his wife named, Christina. Besides all the other things Curtis liked to do, he was quite the "prankster". He could hoodwink Chad in a matter of only minutes. After Ryan was remarried, he took up the hobby of incinerating things. His favorite things to burn to ashes was wood. One day, he went out to buy some groceries and was arrested for the larceny of bananas. It's funny how pompous Ryan could get sometimes, and you should have seen his speech trying to get out of his arrest. The biggest predicament he ever got into though was when he was on the precipice of losing his hat in his ski-boat. The men worked hard to rectify their lives. They really wanted to make them right, but they realized that their lives would never be the same now.

BOLD words indicate the vocabulary words that I had to use in the story.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 8:40 pm

hahaha that's a very cool story cdurb!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 9:28 pm

Thanks, Curtis's hobbies are my favorite. I also like the "larceny of bananas" by Ryan. haha.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 10:56 pm

Damn, that certainly didn't have a dearth of big words in it! That's a pretty cool story in it, too. Tell your teacher that next time you want plethora, facetious, ostentatious, and repetoire to be on your word list.

Speaking of that kind of story, I had to do one of those once. One word was ponder (I was like in 4th grade) and I forget what the rest were. Anyways, my story started out went like this:

"I had to ponder to think of a story containing the words X, X, X, X, X, X, and X. I thought long and hard and I came up with a a story and my daunting tast was done."

That was it! The teacher got mad but ended up giving me an A because the rules said (as I pointed out) that you had to use every word but did NOT give a minimum lenght. I showed her!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 11:04 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Damn, that certainly didn't have a dearth of big words in it! That's a pretty cool story in it, too. Tell your teacher that next time you want plethora, facetious, ostentatious, and repetoire to be on your word list.

Speaking of that kind of story, I had to do one of those once. One word was ponder (I was like in 4th grade) and I forget what the rest were. Anyways, my story started out went like this:

"I had to ponder to think of a story containing the words X, X, X, X, X, X, and X. I thought long and hard and I came up with a a story and my daunting tast was done."

That was it! The teacher got mad but ended up giving me an A because the rules said (as I pointed out) that you had to use every word but did NOT give a minimum lenght. I showed her!

We have these Vocabulary Books, and we have different units that we do, and this was all the words in Unit 4. I had so much fun making that up.

I can't really request words, or trust me I would!!

That is hilarious!! I was hysterically laughing out loud. That was quite funny.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 11:30 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
Thanks, Curtis's hobbies are my favorite. I also like the "larceny of bananas" by Ryan. haha.

I liked his hobby of incinerating things LMAO
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 11:31 pm

cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

We have these Vocabulary Books, and we have different units that we do, and this was all the words in Unit 4. I had so much fun making that up.

Write to the publisher - tell them what words you want! I loved my story. The teacher made it a rule that from then on we couldn't use more than one word in a sentence. I should have tried this:

"I had to ponder to think of what my favorite word was. Plethora? No. X? No. X? No. Facetious? Yes, that's it! Facetious was indeed my favorite word and I was happy to know that. I then lived happily ever after"

That would have worked, too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 11:33 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
cdurbfan22 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

Write to the publisher - tell them what words you want! I loved my story. The teacher made it a rule that from then on we couldn't use more than one word in a sentence. I should have tried this:

"I had to ponder to think of what my favorite word was. Plethora? No. X? No. X? No. Facetious? Yes, that's it! Facetious was indeed my favorite word and I was happy to know that. I then lived happily ever after"

That would have worked, too!

There's nothing wrong with my book, who knows maybe those words are in the book somewhere and I just haven't got to them yet. You never know.

Yeah it would have.
Back to top Go down
Trinita
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
Trinita

Female
Number of posts : 431
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedMon Nov 19, 2007 9:32 pm

So clever! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedTue Nov 20, 2007 1:35 pm

Good stuff. well done, grasshopper!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedTue Nov 20, 2007 1:36 pm

May you someday ROCK the literary world!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedTue Nov 20, 2007 4:25 pm

Good job! I forgot about this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedWed Nov 21, 2007 11:26 am

I think I forgot about it too. But, thanks everyone! Smile
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedWed Nov 21, 2007 9:12 pm

You're Welcome.

Happy Turkey Day...be thankful!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedWed Nov 21, 2007 9:14 pm

haha. Happy Thanksgiving too!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedWed Nov 21, 2007 9:15 pm

I'll try to eat too much!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 12:05 am

I think you may have succeded.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 2:06 am

Yes I have....BURP**
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedFri Nov 23, 2007 2:31 pm

haha. I bet you did.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_minipostedSat Nov 24, 2007 3:42 pm

I had pie for breakfast today.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My story I wrote for English today....   My story I wrote for English today.... Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

My story I wrote for English today....
Page 1 of 1