DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Thomas, Bazardo and Lopez makes Tigers' final cut

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Thomas, Bazardo and Lopez makes Tigers' final cut Empty
PostSubject: Thomas, Bazardo and Lopez makes Tigers' final cut   Thomas, Bazardo and Lopez makes Tigers' final cut Icon_minipostedSat Mar 29, 2008 1:56 am

Friday, March 28, 2008
Thomas makes Tigers' final cut
Tom Gage The Detroit News

HOUSTON -- Clete Thomas couldn't believe the words he was hearing.

With nothing more than Double A experience, and having been a non-roster invitee to spring training, Thomas was told Friday night, after the Tigers trounced the Houston Astros, 10-0, at Minute Maid Park, that he will head north with the Tigers.

"I'm floating," the 24-year old said after getting off the phone with his family.

Manager Jim Leyland also said that both Yorman Bazardo and Aquilino Lopez have made the team as relief pitchers meaning the Tigers' roster is set for Opening Day

"Obviously they all have to come out of the game (today) healthy, but if they do, we're there," said Leyland.

When asked if that meant there was no longer a chance the Tigers would make a last-minute deal, Leyland "my boss (general manager Dave Dombrowski) said it was OK to tell you that's the team."

Thomas made the roster only because Curtis Granderson will start the season on the disabled list, but it's quite an accomplishment all the same.

"I think it will be a wonderful experience for him," Leyland said. "I'll get him in there. I just told him to enjoy this ride for however long it is.

"But he has a great arm, he's an outstanding runner, and has some power. He has a lot of plusses. Let's not carried away, but watching him, it's almost like he's always been here. He looks like he belongs."

Thomas, who singled in Friday night's victory and is hitting .308 for the spring, was stunned all the same.

"I'm speechless," he said. "I heard (Leyland) say it, but it didn't sink in until he was shaking my hand. An awesome feeling."

With Thomas making the team, it means that catcher Dane Sardinha won't. He'll return to minor-league camp after today's game against the Astros.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com

Thomas, Bazardo and Lopez makes Tigers' final cut
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Archives :: Locked Threads-
Jump to: