DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

No SRO Tickets for Opening Day

Go down 
+3
mrsrabelo
GoGetEmTigers
gs78
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Empty
PostSubject: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 1:36 am

The Tigers announced on Monday there will not be no Standing-room-only seats available for Opening Day, March 31, against KC at Comerica Park.

" The SRO tickets are being absorbed by pre-sales to season ticket holders and for internal use," said Rob Matwick, Tigers vice president of communications.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 1:47 am

Well that means we watch on TV, they better win the game, with all this ticket mess.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 1:50 am

They better win! I am surprised they aren't gonna have a few SRO's for the opener.

Wonder what the total attendance will be for the game?
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 2:05 am

Not enough, they better start plans for redoing the outfield with nice seats too. I still think a major redo of Tiger stadium to use for a year or two would be nice while they enlarge CoPa!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 6:19 pm

I like your idea! They need to add more seats! And not just a few on field luxury seats { like Jacobs Field Has] by the dugouts either.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 6:21 pm

They should put seats in right field above the bleachers and Pepsi Porch Areas!

I would love the shade!

Last edited by gs78 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Comerica needs a roof. I am going to be wearing like 10 pairs of pants, 50 jackets, and 1000 pairs of socks to keep warm!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 7:26 pm

We called the Indians' old stadium, "The Mistake By The Lake," but I agree with some stadium experts that CoPa is Detroit's "Great Ballpark Mistake!"

The problems that have been stated are:
1- Build too small. Nod
2- Wrong slant to lower lever seats. Nod
3- Upper deck sits back way too far. Nod
4- No shade. Nod
5- Left field way too big. Nod But at least that was corrected.
6- Concessions food too expensive and not good. Nod

And we could probably name many, many more. Why couldn't they have done like New York and just rebuild a better, more up to date Tiger Stadium in the CoPa location!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 pm

A removable stadium roof would have been a great idea! I am sure Minnisota will wish they had put a roof on their new stadium!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 7:35 pm

I agree with you GoGetEmTigers on everything, except about the price of food and stuff!

That is expensive everywhere!

I went to the movies [ Saw Semi Pro] Not counting the 17 bucks I spent for two tickets! Two Large Drinks, Popcorn and Candy cost me over 20 bucks!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 10:50 pm

And the weather in Michigan is so unpredictable, for instance a week or so ago, in the morning and most of the day it was 50, and it snowed that night. rant It would just make more sense to have a roof.

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
We called the Indians' old stadium, "The Mistake By The Lake," but I agree with some stadium experts that CoPa is Detroit's "Great Ballpark Mistake!"

The problems that have been stated are:
1- Build too small. Nod
2- Wrong slant to lower lever seats. Nod
3- Upper deck sits back way too far. Nod
4- No shade. Nod
5- Left field way too big. Nod But at least that was corrected.
6- Concessions food too expensive and not good. Nod

And we could probably name many, many more. Why couldn't they have done like New York and just rebuild a better, more up to date Tiger Stadium in the CoPa location!

I agree with everything you said , except number 6. The food is waaaaaayy too expensive but it tastes so good, I think the only thing I don't like is the hot dogs, but I don't like any hot dogs.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Well, I had the hot dog and agree, it was not the old fashioned "ball Park Frank" that we remember from Tiger stadium. It was Cold and just tasted bad. I could have just gotten a bad one that day, but other people around me were also complaining about the food too.

I also heard the normally good Little Ceasers pizza taste bad there. But, if you say the other food is ok, then I will conceed that point, to you all, as ok food.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 2:00 am

Little Ceasar's tastes a lot better when you are paying 5 bucks for a large Hot N Ready than 14 bucks for a medium size pizza at the COPA.

And hot dogs were better at Tiger Stadium!
Back to top Go down
tigerroar
New York Yankee
New York Yankee
tigerroar

Male
Number of posts : 33
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Curtis Granderson
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 10:26 am

I wonder what StubHub is selling as SRO tickets, then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ofmasksandmen.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 10:33 am

tigerroar wrote:
I wonder what StubHub is selling as SRO tickets, then?

Probably will be. They are now the official MLB ticket reseller. But who knows how much people will want for their un-needed tickets.
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 11:09 am

gs78 wrote:
Little Ceasar's tastes a lot better when you are paying 5 bucks for a large Hot N Ready than 14 bucks for a medium size pizza at the COPA.

Little Caesar's pizza NEVER tastes good! :puke2:
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 11:31 am

bobrob2004 wrote:
gs78 wrote:

Little Caesar's pizza NEVER tastes good! :puke2:

It used to be a great pizza, when it first came out in 1959. It was a good, hand tossed one, that was good until around 1980, when they "mass merchandised it" with dough presses and automatic ovens. They also have changed their dough recipe. But that was before your time. What a Face

Wikipedia wrote:
Little Caesars was among the first to use a new kind of speed cooking
conveyor oven, the "Rotary Air Impingement Oven" as described in U.S. Patent 5676044
THEIR DOWNFALL BEGINS!

It actually was started the year I was born, in my hometown:

Wikipedia wrote:
It was founded by Mike Ilitch and Marian Ilitch in 1959 in Garden City, Michigan, as "Little Caesars Pizza Treat."

And another interesting fact:

Wikipedia wrote:
Throughout the 1990s, Little Caesars was commonly found in Kmart stores. Coincidentally, the first Kmart and the first Little Caesars were both built in Garden City, Michigan. After Kmart's bankruptcy issues, most of today's Kmarts have replaced the Little Caesars with their own branded "K-Cafe". However, some Little Caesars still exist in Kmarts.

Wikipedia wrote:
Areas of interest in Garden City include the first Kmart store (still in use), the first Little Caesars (also still in use), and the honeymoon cottage of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Ford was moved here.

In my current area, in Eastern Ohio, the only place I can get Little Caesars is at our mall K-Mart. They have shut down most of the stand alone Little Caesars here. Dominos is a much more available pizza here. Yet they have no consistency, sometimes good, most times tomato covered cardboard!

Another BAD MOVE to me was:

Wikipedia wrote:
In 2007, Little Caesars ended its partnership with Coca Cola, opting for Pepsi products instead.

Coke, or beer goes better with pizza to me! Pepsi is too sweet! No
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 1:11 am

Thanks for the info! They used to have Coke at Tiger Stadium, but switched to Pepsi when they moved to Comerica!

I like Coke better! I used to sneak those little mini plastic bottles of rum with me and mix it in my coke!

I love Coke and Rum Cheers 2
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 1:33 am

Rum and Pepsi just don't cut it! It has to be Rum and COKE!

I've been known, in the past, to mess with places that serve drinks, but have Pepsi. I say I want a Rum and COKE, no pepsi allowed. When they say they only serve Pepsi products, I tell the to keep their mixed drink since they are not a REAL bar!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 1:37 am

Exactly. Hopefully, Coke will return someday for Tigers Home games!

Haven't had it since 99. Ford Field has Pepsi, too!

But Joe Louis Arena has Coke!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 1:48 am

It's all a matter of who gives them the best deal, either PepsiCo or Coke.

I wonder if Illich has any control at Joe Louis Arena? I he doesn't have vending control he may be having to go along with the Arena's owners. At CoPa I would guess he has full control. If enough fans complained I bet he would change.

What does he have at his outside pizza places???
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 1:54 am

Pepsi?
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 2:02 am

If it is Pepsi in his Little Ceasers, then he has cut a deal with them.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 2:25 am

Probably but I could be wrong! They have Pepsi at the Trashy Park Little Ceasars.

I am not a big fan of his pizza but they had a promotion last year that if the Tigers scored 8 runs in a game, you get a Hot N Ready Pizza for a buck with your Ticket Stub
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female
Number of posts : 14194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio........:)
Registration date : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 10:02 am

mrsrabelo wrote:
Comerica needs a roof. I am going to be wearing like 10 pairs of pants, 50 jackets, and 1000 pairs of socks to keep warm!

take a picture and post it! Smile
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 1:24 pm

mrsrabelo wrote:

But that would be really hilarious to see!! lol!
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 5:09 pm

we'd best have a lot of rum for our drinks! to keep warm!
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedSun Mar 23, 2008 1:15 am

tigersaint wrote:
mrsrabelo wrote:

But that would be really hilarious to see!! lol!

Yeah I'm sure. rant It stinking snowed again!!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedSun Mar 23, 2008 1:23 am

And the 37 degree temps this afternoon didn't melt it all either!

Still Got about 3-4 inches left on the ground

We gonna have a White Easter! Yay2 Yay2 Yay2 Yay2 Yay2 Yay2

Peter Cottontail gonna have a snowy tail :haha:
Back to top Go down
laprimamirala
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
laprimamirala

Female

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_minipostedSun Mar 23, 2008 6:46 am

I saw robins around our feeder yesterday afternoon...probably thinking WTF?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No SRO Tickets for Opening Day   No SRO Tickets for Opening Day Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

No SRO Tickets for Opening Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: