DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Edward Scissorhands (1990)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Edward Scissorhands (1990) Empty
PostSubject: Edward Scissorhands (1990)   Edward Scissorhands (1990) Icon_minipostedMon Mar 17, 2008 1:08 pm

Edward Scissorhands (1990) VM._SY400_SX600_

Quote :
"Edward Scissorhands" appears like a more serious, more mature and even touching movie. This modern fairy tale links skilfully elements from the basic fairy tale (the castle) and elements from the social life (Peg's job as representative for a cosmetics firm) and it can be divided into two parts: the first one that epitomizes Edward's rise: thanks to his scissorhands that give him gifts as a hairdresser and a gardener, he becomes the idol of the town. The second one that shows Edward's fall, following a burglary in which he was inconveniently involved in, he becomes the town's bĂȘte noire (and the movie becomes painful) Tim Burton tells this modern fairy tale by introducing a lot of poetry, and during his movie, he tries to create an aesthetic beauty and he succeeds in, especially with the gardens of the castle, Edward's sculptures and Edward himself is good-looking in spite of his scissorhands. But "Edward Scissorhands" is also a movie of contrasts. There's an obvious contrast between the brightly coloured town and the dark rooms of the castle but also one between the bright town and its inhabitants who are scornful or mocking. Besides, they're the object of a satire of the actual society and Burton tries to underline its weaknesses. Of course, the inhabitants appreciate Edward but only for his gifts. Otherwise, they're mistrustful towards him because, in their eyes, he's different and eccentric (you could be one of the inhabitants!) and the single mistake (the burglary) can lead to unexpected consequences... Whereas Johnny Depp, he's simply extraordinary and finds here, one of his best roles. He provides to his character, a lot of tenderness, affection and above all, a deep sensitivity. At last, Tim Burton knew skilfully how to blend several cinematographic styles in just one film. In "Edward Scissorhands", you find everything: comedy, fantastic, horror and drama. Moreover, Danny Elfman's gothic music is widely gorgeous to create an intense emotion. It's sometimes difficult to hold his tears... All in all, a movie which is both tender, cruel and Tim Burton's best movie after "Ed Wood".

Filming of:

Quote :
Filming The houses were painted in faded pastel colors, to represent the generic nature of American suburbia that Edward finds himself at odds with. The houses were painted in faded pastel colors, to represent the generic nature of American suburbia that Edward finds himself at odds with.

Cast and crew spent twelve weeks filming in Florida, where they found an occupied community to film in, Carpenter's Run subdivision in Lakeland, Florida. On the shooting location, according to the words of the production designer Bo Welch: "a kind of generic, plain-wrap suburb, which we made even more characterless by painting all the houses in faded pastels, and reducing the window sizes to make it look a little more paranoid."[14] Sixty different houses were to be repainted for Tim Burton's vision of suburbia, all of them occupied, and only changed for the garish exterior paint.

This film was shot not far from where I lived,at the time of it's shooting. I really enjoyed this film, Depp is a great actor!

Some other locations were:
Tinsmith Circle, Lutz, Florida

Edward Scissorhands (1990) Vfiles9101
2. Southgate Shopping Center - 3100 S. Florida Avenue, Lakeland, Florida

Last edited by GoGetEmTigers on Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

PostSubject: Re: Edward Scissorhands (1990)   Edward Scissorhands (1990) Icon_minipostedMon Mar 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Many of the people wanted the paint colors left alone after the film so they could show their homes were part of the film shoot.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Edward Scissorhands (1990)   Edward Scissorhands (1990) Icon_minipostedMon Mar 17, 2008 5:41 pm

:haha: omg I Heart Heart this movie Nod
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edward Scissorhands (1990)   Edward Scissorhands (1990) Icon_minipostedMon Mar 17, 2008 5:58 pm

For fun, here are some film mistakes to look for next time you see this film:

1. Plot hole: At the end of the film, we see Edward carving ice sculptures in his mansion. How did he get the ice up there? First of all, it takes place in a warm climate and I didn't see a freezer up there in the castle. He couldn't have gotten ice from town because firstly he had scissors for hands and couldn't have gripped the ice. And, even if by some miracle he could, he wouldn't be able to buy any from town because everyone in town but Kim was convinced that Edward was a killer, so they wouldn't have let him in their shop without calling the police. And Kim didn't bring it to him because she told her granddaughter in the end that she never saw him again after that night. So where did he get that ice?

2. Other: In the scene where Peg first finds Edward in the castle, while she is first talking to him, you can see a part of Johnny Depp's hand, plain as day, making it look like he is wearing a large metal glove.

3. Other: When Edward is cutting the hair of Joyce's dog, you get a low angle shot of Edward's face and at the bottom of the screen you can see the edge of the table, but there is no dog on the table.

4. Continuity: When Edward gets locked in the room at Jim's house after the security alarm goes off, the police deactivate the system and the door unlocks. But how does he get out of the room? The door opens inward, so he couldn't have pushed it open, and he cannot turn the knob to let himself out.

5. Continuity: When Officer Allen is talking to the psychologist, he begins to raise his hands towards his head right before he says "But will he be all right?" but in the next shot his hands are down by his side.

6. Continuity: Before Edward is looking at the family pictures you can see some scars on his face are open, when the camera focuses back on him the scars are closed.

7. Visible crew/equipment: When the crazy woman who said that Edward comes from hell leaves the backyard, you can see the reflection of a crewmember on the left side of the window. Submitted by Dr Wilson

8. Visible crew/equipment: In the scene where Winona is running into the mansion and up the steps, right before the shot changes, you can see what looks like part of the crew on the left banister by the bottom of the window.

9. Continuity: When Peg talks about the sculpture of the family that Edward has just made, he walks toward her twice. Submitted by Dr Wilson

10. Continuity: In the scene where Edward is giving dogs haircuts, we see he has a table, the table switches between one and two tables between shots. When we see a diagonal view of Edwards face, the table is in two, otherwise, it's one table.

11. Continuity: At the "bed time story" scene, the granddaughter of older Kim is covered all the way to her neck. A couple of shots after, she's suddenly covered just below her chest. Submitted by Sacha

12. Continuity: All thoughout the movie, the scars on Edward's face keep moving and changing sizes and depth.

13. Continuity: Kim and Edward are in the castle and Kim is saying goodbye to Edward, she's very close to Edward as if to kiss him. Jim interrupts them. Suddenly, Kim and Edward are now standing several feet apart and Kim has moved to Edward's other side. Submitted by ChiChi

14. Continuity: When Edward eats at Winona's house for the first time his lips have makeup only on the middle, to make his mouth look smaller. On further shots throughout the movie his lips are fully painted and his mouth looks normal size. Submitted by Sacha

15. Continuity: At the beginning of the film, the Avon lady is at a customer's door. In back shots a piece of her hair on the right is loose and looking messy. On front shots it's straight. Submitted by Sacha
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Edward Scissorhands (1990)   Edward Scissorhands (1990) Icon_minipostedTue Mar 18, 2008 1:43 am

Wow that was from 1990? Time flies when you're alive :haha:
I don't think I saw that, but that's what I meant about some of his roles, he doesn't look as hot as he could, lol
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female

PostSubject: Re: Edward Scissorhands (1990)   Edward Scissorhands (1990) Icon_minipostedTue Mar 18, 2008 1:46 am

iluvpudge7 wrote:
I don't think I saw that, but that's what I meant about some of his roles, he doesn't look as hot as he could, lol

Well, you must consider, it is a Tim Burton film -- he never does do normal films...

LMAO
Back to top Go down
detroitwings82
Lakeland Flying Tiger
Lakeland Flying Tiger
detroitwings82

Male
Number of posts : 903
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Todd jones
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Edward Scissorhands (1990)   Edward Scissorhands (1990) Icon_minipostedThu Sep 11, 2008 9:29 am

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
iluvpudge7 wrote:

Well, you must consider, it is a Tim Burton film -- he never does do normal films...

LMAO
tim burton is a amazing director .. and i thought this movie was made like in like the late 90's not 1990
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazywhitebro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edward Scissorhands (1990)   Edward Scissorhands (1990) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Edward Scissorhands (1990)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: