DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Only In America!

Go down 
+3
iluvpudge7
GoGetEmTigers
Ohios#1TigerFan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Only in America......do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
Only in America....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

Only in America......do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

Only in America......do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

Only in America......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

Only in America......do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well. 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures.'

Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with braille lettering.

God Bless America!
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 12:13 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Only in America......do they have drive-up ATM machines with braille lettering.

Now THIS one has Always stumped me! scratch WTF were they thinking when they did THAT?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 pm

Nobody said the experts were smart!

Only in America......do we Drive on Parkways and Park on Driveways.
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Not to mention...Only in America do we call an object a Building after it's already been built!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 3:07 pm

The one about the garages is sooo true!!! I just for the life of me don't get that, when I see that I wanna do this to people Head Slap
My FIRST priority when looking for a house or condo is the attached garage to PARK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People will say, "but I have all this stuff", I say, "ya ever heard of this thing called a SHED" :haha: Guess parking inside isn't as important to others as it is to me, lol
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Well...I can certainly understand that..but I guess I better watch out for you before you Head Slap me! I bought my house..and at the time both of my vehicles fit in the garage.....

Since we bought the house though, I bought a truck that is too big to fit in the garage! LMAO I guess I should have measured the truck and garage before I bought it. LOL
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 4:07 pm

Oh that's too funny! But that is definitely a good excuse then!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 5:00 pm

How come apartments aren't apart?
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 pm

togetherments
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 9:44 pm

And the names they give streets. When I moved to Florida my mom said we bought a house on Magnolia Trace. I asked her is that a street, avenue, parkway, road, what the heck is a trace??? In old times a trace was sort of an unpaved wide path you could travel on. This was a nice neighborhood of lower end Fancy homes on two acre lots, with bunches of homeowners regulations. So, why call the nice roads there a "trace". Even today, looking back, I still think the roads were named wierd by calling them Trace.

In my area of Ohio, we have Zanes Trace that is from the late 1700's and this is a little description of it (but it is nothing like the Florida builder's idea of a Trace!

Quote :
Zane and his brothers followed Native American footpaths to cut the first road from the wilderness in the Northwest Territory in the late 1700s. Colonel Zane, who founded Wheeling, West Virginia, and helped to settle Lancaster, Ohio, appealed to Congress for permission to build a road and he received that permission in 1796 after he had already begun the project. Zane requested and received from the American government land grants where the Trace crossed the Muskingum, Hocking and Scioto Rivers to pay for his surveying costs. The government agreed to his request, believing that a major road opened in 1797 would bring more settlers to Ohio and help increase trade.

Zane's Trace, intermingled with what is now the National Road and Route 40, was the shortest distance between Wheeling and Limestown, Kentucky (present-day Maysville) on the Ohio River. In the early stages, Zane's Trace was wide enough for only a horse and rider but not a wagon. Many of the pioneers used the Rivers for transportation, so Zane built ferries at each of the river crossings. After having built a ferry at the mouth of the Licking River, a small town developed, eventually named Zanesville, which is the county seat and largest city in Muskingum County.

Last edited by GoGetEmTigers on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedTue Mar 04, 2008 9:48 pm

My hometown is half right on streets.

I live on Oak street between 8th and 9th street.

Sure, there's oak trees everywhere in my town (it translates to The Way of the Oaks for God's sake) but that doesn't really tell you where Oak St. is.
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedThu Mar 06, 2008 6:16 am

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
Since we bought the house though, I bought a truck that is too big to fit in the garage! LMAO I guess I should have measured the truck and garage before I bought it. LOL

I guess i was smarter than you Ohio. I just bought a new car and you know what i did? During the test drive i went to my house and tried to park in the garage. :lol:

swiss = smart Moon
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedThu Mar 06, 2008 11:05 am

Test Drive? What's THAT???? I didn't even get to test drive my truck! lol2

I had exactly 4 hours to negotiate the deal....I didn't have TIME to test drive it....let alone drive it all the way home and see if I could park it in the garage! LMAO LMAO LMAO
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: 6 Truths of Life   Only In America! Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 3:23 am

6 Truths of Life

1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.

3. The first truth is a lie.

4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.

5. You soon will forward this to another idiot.

6. There's still a stupid smile on your face.

Sorry about this I was an idiot too, and needed company.
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 3:29 am

I'm an idiot!!!! lol2
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 3:31 am

See, the bad thing is, I figured it was one of those jokes... AND did it anyway. LMAO
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 2:50 pm

iluvpudge7 wrote:
The one about the garages is sooo true!!! I just for the life of me don't get that, when I see that I wanna do this to people Head Slap
My FIRST priority when looking for a house or condo is the attached garage to PARK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People will say, "but I have all this stuff", I say, "ya ever heard of this thing called a SHED" :haha: Guess parking inside isn't as important to others as it is to me, lol

Well we usally have at least 5 vehicles at my house. My brothers truck, my dad's truck, my mom's jeep, my sister's car, and my sister's boyfriend's car! So they will not all fit in a garage.

So whats in our garage? A motorcycle, a fourwheeler, a bunch of bikes, and a bunch of tools and stuff.

So that vehicle in garage thing doesn't work Big Smile
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 2:51 pm

Ohios#1TigerFan wrote:
6 Truths of Life

1. You cannot touch all your teeth with your tongue.
2. All idiots, after reading the first truth, will try it.

3. The first truth is a lie.

4. You're smiling now because you're an idiot.

5. You soon will forward this to another idiot.

6. There's still a stupid smile on your face.

Sorry about this I was an idiot too, and needed company.

wow. I am really dumb. I got this in a forward from a friend of mine a few weeks ago, and felt like an idiot. And I wasn't paying attention, and just tried it again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Only In America! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Only In America!   Only In America! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Only In America!
Page 1 of 1