DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

How to post pictures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

How to post pictures Empty
PostSubject: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedTue Oct 09, 2007 2:42 am

There are two ways to post pictures:

1. If you have a URL to your photo (one that ends in something like.jpg) just click on the insert image icon and enter the URL in the box that pops up. If you can't figure out how to do that, do this:

Code:
[img]URL of image (should end in .jpg or something similar)[/img]

2. If you can't figure out how to do that or you don't have a URL (i.e. they're saved somewhere) use servimg. Either go to servimg.com or click the servimg link. Enter the necessary information there and you'll be taken to a new screen. Copy the code under Direct Links-->Image URL and then paste that link inside of the brackets described in step 1.

If you're still confused send a mod a PM and they can help you.

Last edited by on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female
Number of posts : 301
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedWed Oct 17, 2007 7:47 pm

Hi Cat I tried to set up a gallery today and was told that my pictures were to big so I just posted them under my other one
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedWed Oct 17, 2007 7:49 pm

I really must mess with this gallery to see how it works d'oh!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedWed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 pm

tigerswinloseordraw wrote:
Hi Cat I tried to set up a gallery today and was told that my pictures were to big so I just posted them under my other one

This gallery actually sucks. We're only allowed to have a total of 10 MBs worth of images in there. If people scale them down, that's a lot of pictures. There's one user who posted 3 images all of them are OVER 1MB!!! I should delete them, but I don't want to offend the user thinking I'm deleting their pictures because they're ugly or something...

What I don't get is there is NO LIMIT to how many images we post in regular threads but there IS for the gallery scratch
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female
Number of posts : 301
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedThu Oct 18, 2007 1:46 am

No it's okay I just wanted you to know I wasn't trying to put personal pics where maybe player and fan pics could go. By the way, I love this forum it's so much better in so many ways.
Back to top Go down
TG
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
TG

Female
Number of posts : 8073
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I don't even know anymore.

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedSun Oct 21, 2007 7:14 pm

catbox_9 wrote:

This gallery actually sucks. We're only allowed to have a total of 10 MBs worth of images in there. If people scale them down, that's a lot of pictures. There's one user who posted 3 images all of them are OVER 1MB!!! I should delete them, but I don't want to offend the user thinking I'm deleting their pictures because they're ugly or something...

wait.. who? I don't know how to make pictures smaller so if it's me tell me how and I can make them smaller....
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedMon Oct 22, 2007 4:40 am

tigersgirl wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:

wait.. who? I don't know how to make pictures smaller so if it's me tell me how and I can make them smaller....

No, it isn't you. The easiest way to make them smaller is to go to paint (go to start-->accesories-->paint), paste the image there, highlight the hole thing, drag a corner to make it smaller, and save that as a .jpg.
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 10:44 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
There are two ways to post pictures:

1. If you have a URL to your photo (one that ends in something like.jpg) just click on the insert image icon and enter the URL in the box that pops up. If you can't figure out how to do that, do this:

{img}URL OF IMAGE{/url}

Use [ ] instead of { }

2. If you can't figure out how to do that or you don't have a URL (i.e. they're saved somewhere) use servimg. Either go to servimg.com or click the servimg link. Enter the necessary information there and you'll be taken to a new screen. Copy the code under Direct Links-->Image URL and then paste that link inside of the brackets described in step 1.

If you're still confused ask for help here!

Also, if you use the gallery feature it's even easier! Click on the gallery, choose where you want to post your image and click upload. Find the file and there you go! You can create personal galleries, too!

I'm still confused, lol2 Exactly what do you type? Do you type the URL inside one big bracket or exactly how you typed it??? I'm an idiot!!!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 pm

Type it just like I typed it:

How to post pictures PUT URL HERE!!!!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedWed Oct 24, 2007 11:22 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
Type it just like I typed it:

How to post pictures PUT URL HERE!!!!

OK, I'll try it, thanks.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_minipostedTue Dec 04, 2007 4:36 am

Closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to post pictures   How to post pictures Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

How to post pictures
Page 1 of 1