DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Tickets must be selling fast

Go down 
+2
swiss_tiger
gs78
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Tickets must be selling fast Empty
PostSubject: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:05 pm

Just for fun, I went on TIGERS>COM and tried to purchase tickets online. You can't even get on it. I am in a virtual waiting room awaiting how long before they refresh my browser to even see if I can purchase tickets

Glad I am a Full Season Ticket Holder;

Good Luck to anyone here trying to buy tickets! I hope you get em!
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:14 pm

I'm trying to get tickets at the moment. No way! Site is just too busy. Guess what, i even got beyond this virtual waiting room and could choose a seat category (or best availabe as i did). But after that, i got a message that the server is too busy to continue with my request... rant rant

Season ticket holders: applaud

I'm not giving up! I will try hard. Worst case scenario will be stubhub or ticketsnow.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Good luck!

Speaking of tickets, I have to do this 3 times today.

Up first was the Diamondbacks. All I can say is WOW! It was so easy. Also, they don't have any stupid convenience fees. They charged me face value for the 3 games and a one-time $3.50 fee.

I applaud them. Too bad their tickets were way more expensive because 2 of the games are premium games rant

On the plus side I get a Chris Young bobblehead.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:19 pm

People are bitching about on Detroit News Tigers Forum and the Free Press!

I bet the scalpers had no problem getting tickets
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:22 pm

gs78 wrote:

I bet the scalpers had no problem getting tickets

I know how you feel about scalpers, but I'm going to be a scalper today ashamed

I'm going to try to buy 2 tickets to opening day for the Dodgers and resell them as I could use the money and they went for far more than face value last year.

I'd buy 8 (the limit) like most scalpers (and then try and buy 8 more) but that's going overboard.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Good Luck Catbox! I hope you soak it to the Dodgers Fans.

Let em pay through the nose; they can afford it!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:26 pm

But I feel for Tigers Fans that can't get tickets today!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:26 pm

Tigers Fans deserve better!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:35 pm

According to the Free Press; 472 wristbands were given out in the first 90 minutes yesterday at Comerica Park . Fans were arriving 3 hours before they were given out.
Back to top Go down
swiss_tiger
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
swiss_tiger

Male
Number of posts : 1760
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Inge, Inge, Inge and hhmmm Inge. ;-)

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Ahhhh.... this Virtual Waiting Room is definitely driving me nuts! Can't get past that at the moment. rant
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:38 pm

swiss_tiger wrote:
Ahhhh.... this Virtual Waiting Room is definitely driving me nuts! Can't get past that at the moment. rant

I hate those things! I hope the Padres and Dodgers don't have much of one pray

Or Giants, too next week.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:39 pm

I hope so Catbox! Hang in there Swiss! I hope you get tickets!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:41 pm

At least you're only trying to get 1 ticket per game, right? Getting 2+ tickets seems to be a lot harder. There's always 1 empty seat all over the place - a row has 3 tickets left, some guy buys 2. Now 2 people want tickets...they move to the next row leaving that one seat open until one person wants it.

I feel for those families trying to get 4+ tickets. That's really tough.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:45 pm

True; Maybe they should expand Comerica Park. 41,000 seats plus SRO is not enough
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:50 pm

Didn't they say they wanted some sort of expansion?

They could always move back to Tiger Stadium. That had a lot of seats whistle
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:55 pm

There have been rumors but from what I have read; Ilitch wants to decrease the size of dugouts and have premium on field seats like Cleveland has
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:56 pm

I wish we still played at Tiger Stadium. Imagine the 2008 Tigers playing there. I miss the shade of the lower deck bleachers so much!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 1:27 pm

I wonder if we could draw FOUR million fans there? 49,383 a game?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 1:32 pm

Probably but they did lower capacity in the 90s; The bleacher seats in lower center field [ beyond the 440 sign] were taken out and they had a Michcon or DTE Party Grill [ can't remember the name] where groups of people could sit and eat a buffet and watch the game. However, at lot of times it was empty and there be 2 or 3 cops sitting and watching the game
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 1:36 pm

From what I can tell the final capacity was 52,400. Sell out every game for 4.24 million fans!

Comerica is over a million less than that.

I guess that's the price for "progress"
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 1:43 pm

They have had crowds over 55,000 at Tiger Stadium in the past; People sitting in the aisles and such; I think about 47,000 was the attendance for the final game, but I could be wrong;

Even at 47,000; they could sell out every ticket this year
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 1:46 pm

43,356 according to baseball-reference.com

Surely that game was sold out? That must mean capacity was only 3.5 million. Is that right?
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 1:49 pm

I was close! The final capacity! Like I said; they reduced capacity in the 90s but they had like 50,000 people for each game of the 84 WS
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 1:53 pm

I miss Tiger Stadium!
Back to top Go down
iluvpudge7
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
iluvpudge7

Female
Number of posts : 2194
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Not sure yet...

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Sounds like it might just be easier to drive or fly down to Lakeland and see a ST game, lol
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 3:59 pm

Or go to Cleveland or Chicago and watch the Tigers on the road
Back to top Go down
pudgemaggs
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 6:32 pm

i just bought tix to the july 8 game against cleveland!! section 143!!!
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 6:37 pm

Hooray! Yay2
Back to top Go down
mrsrabelo
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
mrsrabelo

Female
Number of posts : 2284
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Jeff Larish | Fish: Mike Rabelo | Rockie: Jason Grilli | Bullpen catcher: Scott Pickens

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 7:26 pm

Me and my mom were got on at 10:00 and we were in the virtual waiting room and when I could finally get a ticket it said the servers were busy or whatever. So she called as they put her on hold for 20 minutes. We have partial season tickets but she wanted to get the other 2 Boston games, two of the last games of the season, and the Negro League night. We finally gave up and bought some off stub hub.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotpinkangel09
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 7:52 pm

I tried buying tickets for those games [ just for fun] and you still can't get through for those games!

There are several April Games that have tickets still available, including the Sunday Night against the White Sox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tickets must be selling fast   Tickets must be selling fast Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Tickets must be selling fast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Tiger Talk :: Breaking News-
Jump to: