DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

2007 winter caravan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female
Number of posts : 301
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen
Registration date : 2007-10-05

2007 winter caravan Empty
PostSubject: 2007 winter caravan   2007 winter caravan Icon_minipostedSun Oct 07, 2007 7:34 pm

DETROIT -- The Tigers' winter caravan will hit the road next Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 17-18, with most of Detroit's star players making stops throughout Michigan in metro Detroit, East Lansing, Saginaw, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Toledo, Ohio.

By moving the caravan ahead of TigerFest rather than afterward, the Tigers will have more players for the annual publicity tour designed to get fans thinking ahead to baseball season in the middle of winter. The caravan will again consist of two buses, one visiting the western half of the state and the other staying mostly around Detroit and southeastern Michigan.

The west bus is scheduled to feature manager Jim Leyland along with third-base coach Gene Lamont, hitting coach Lloyd McClendon, infield coach Rafael Belliard, radio play-by-play voice Dan Dickerson and players Justin Verlander, Craig Monroe, Placido Polanco, Brandon Inge, Marcus Thames, Chris Shelton and Vance Wilson.

Their first-day trek begins with a visit to Michigan State University for a rally at the Breslin Center starting at 11:45 a.m. ET. MSU men's basketball coach Tom Izzo, baseball coach David Grewe and softball coach Jacquie Joseph are also scheduled to attend, and the Tigers' American League championship trophy will be on display. Admission is free, and the first 500 people through the door will receive rally towels. Additional prizes will be given away.

The west bus will conclude its first day with the Class A West Michigan Whitecaps Winter Banquet in Grand Rapids. The sold-out event includes new Whitecaps manager Tom Brookens. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Whitecaps Inner-City Youth Baseball and Softball programs and the Detroit Tigers Foundation.

The next day, the tour will head back to campus, first at Western Michigan University for a morning rally at Miller Auditorium at 11 a.m. ET. Admission is free. Later in the day, they'll complete their campus circuit at Eastern Michigan University's convocation center with another rally starting at 6 p.m. ET. Again, dmission is free, with tickets available by calling the convocation center at (734) 487-2282.

The night concludes with a strike at Colonial Lanes in Ann Arbor for a bowling fundraiser to benefit Mott Children's Hospital and the Tigers Foundation. The Tigers are slated to start hitting the lanes around 6:30 p.m.

The metro tour bus is scheduled to include new Tiger Gary Sheffield, along with Magglio Ordonez, Curtis Granderson, Carlos Guillen, Kenny Rogers, Jeremy Bonderman, Nate Robertson, Mike Maroth, first-base coach Andy Van Slyke, new bullpen coach Jeff Jones and FSN Detroit broadcasters Mario Impemba and Rod Allen.

Together, they're slated to visit the Ryder Center at Saginaw Valley State University for an 11 a.m. rally before venturing to Oakland University in Rochester for a 3 p.m. ET appearance at the O'Rena. Admission is free for both events, with rally towels for the first 250 fans. From there, they'll head to the Taylor Sportplex for another free appearance starting around 7:30 p.m.

After visiting Henry Ford Hospital and DMC Children's Hospital in Detroit on Thursday morning, the metro bus will head downriver to visit Monroe County Community College for a 12:30 p.m. ET presentation in front of about 1,000 Monroe County school students and 200 members of the public. As usual, the tour wraps up with an evening appearance in Toledo as part of Mud Hens Fandemonium at SeaGate Centre.

Tickets for the Fandemonium are sold out, but the Mud Hens are holding an online raffle for remaining tickets beginning Jan. 11 at www.mudhens.com. Winners will be selected by a random drawing.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 2007 winter caravan   2007 winter caravan Icon_minipostedSun Oct 07, 2007 7:59 pm

Did you go on this last year? That would be fun but I would prolly freeze my little BUNS off!!

santa :shock: santa
Back to top Go down
Lo_x15
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR West Michigan WhitecapDTF1 ADMINISTRATOR West Michigan Whitecap
Lo_x15

Female
Number of posts : 470
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : *Brandon Inge*, Justin Verlander, Curtis Granderson, Placido Polanco
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: 2007 winter caravan   2007 winter caravan Icon_minipostedSun Oct 07, 2007 8:45 pm

I wouldn't care if I froze. If I got to see Brandon, Curtis, and Justin it would totally be worth it.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: 2007 winter caravan   2007 winter caravan Icon_minipostedSun Oct 07, 2007 9:35 pm

I'm sure with all THAT, you would heat up pretty quick!! CRAZY
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: 2007 winter caravan   2007 winter caravan Icon_minipostedSun Oct 07, 2007 10:03 pm

tigersaint wrote:
I'm sure with all THAT, you would heat up pretty quick!! CRAZY

puke
Back to top Go down
pudgemaggs
Oneonta Tiger
Oneonta Tiger

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: 2007 winter caravan   2007 winter caravan Icon_minipostedSun Oct 07, 2007 10:30 pm

I WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Why is craig monroe going if he isnt part of the tigers?
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander

PostSubject: Re: 2007 winter caravan   2007 winter caravan Icon_minipostedSun Oct 07, 2007 10:47 pm

pudgemaggs wrote:
I WANNA GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Why is craig monroe going if he isnt part of the tigers?

Looking at the dates (Wed. Jan 17 & Thurs. Jan 18) it looks like this article is 10 months old Suspect. The article also says next week or something like that and it clearly isn't January now. I'm not sure why this was posted:scratch:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007 winter caravan   2007 winter caravan Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

2007 winter caravan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Archives :: Locked Threads-
Jump to: