DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

F***ing Dodgers!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:48 am

If you go to the Dodgers website they had a thing where you could sign up to receive an email notification of when tickets go on sale for the Coliseum game vs. Boston on 3/29. I did that. In fact, I did that on several email accounts to make sure I got the notice. I've been checking every few days on Dodgers.com to see if they had any news.

Today I noticed tickets went on sale 2/2 at 10 AM. I was here. I received no notification from them.

Of course tickets are now sold out. They went for $2-$25 depending on location.

On eBay tickets in the NINETY-THIRD (and last) row sell for $75 a piece.

That's just Censored great. I have to go and it looks like I'm going to pay close to $100 a ticket for a ticket that should have been $15.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Number of posts : 27687
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones
Registration date : 2007-10-06

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:51 am

That is bullshit! I bet all the brokers bought the majority of the Tickets; like they do with Tigerfest and Opening Day.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:54 am

What I don't get is why the fuck didn't they email me like they said they were going to. $25 is a hell of a deal if you could get them for that. I figured they'd cost a fortune for the premium seats but didn't mind spending $50 for a decent ticket - after all the proceeds go to charity.

Instead I'll spend $100 on a $15 ticket. Even that wouldn't be so bad because the money would be going to a charity, but wait..the seller on eBay sure as hell isn't donating that money to charity. The charity gets $15 and some greedy bastard makes $85 for doing nothing. I mean, it takes what - 5 minutes to buy a ticket and then list it on eBay and another 5 tops to mail it to me once I purchase it? 10 minutes of work profits the scumbag $85.

That settles it, I will go to 1 Dodger game this year - 3/29 at the Coliseum. Unless the Dodgers can get Sandy Koufax to pitch a game for them there is no way in hell I will see another game at that piece of shit stadium unless the Tigers are playing.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:56 am

One seller on eBay said tickets were sold out in 30 minutes. Of course the brokers bought them! That stadium holds 100,000 people! The Dodgers draw 40,000 a game. Yeah, this is a neat experience, but will two and a half times the normal capacity want to see a meaningless exhibition game? Maybe, but they sure as hell would need more than 30 minutes to purchase the tickets.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Dontrelle Willis, Brandon Inge, Maggs, Verlander, Granderson, Pudge and Todd Jones

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:57 am

It is not right Catbox! Smells fishy to me! Bottom line the fans get screwed
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:58 am

What really pisses me off is even the most expensive seats on eBay are still piece of shit seats.

Tickets in the 49th row of section 22 are up to $80 each. Look at the seating chart below. Section 22 sucks! Those are some of the best seats for sale!

EDIT: For just $125 per ticket (2 tickets) you can sit in section 3 in the 29th row. Those seats are terrible -and $125? You can buy World Series tickets for less than that!

F***ing Dodgers! 21941s

Last edited by on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:58 am

I am surprised the demand is so great for an exhibition game; Most of the starters probably will play only 3-5 innings
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 6:59 am

Again! I am surprised by the demand
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:01 am

gs78 wrote:
I am surprised the demand is so great for an exhibition game; Most of the starters probably will play only 3-5 innings

If that! This is on 3/29. That's just a couple days before the season starts. They'll probably rest the starters after like 1 inning so that they don't risk injury right before the season starts.

What really sucks is once I get the overpriced tickets I still have to get parking. The Coliseum is set up horribly. I'll bet parking is $25.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:02 am

Well I have to go to bed. Maybe I'll wake up and this will be just a dream Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:02 am

You are right! Forgot about that! I bet parking might be 40-50 bucks, at least the ones closest to the stadium.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:03 am

Goodnight! I am getting ready for work; Going in early today! Later Catbox
Back to top Go down
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

DTF1 MODERATOR Detroit Tiger
bobrob2004

Male
Number of posts : 10646

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 11:29 am

Hey catbox, they're also selling tickets here. The cheapest ones are $58, still high, but less than $75.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 1:56 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
Hey catbox, they're also selling tickets here. The cheapest ones are $58, still high, but less than $75.

Yeah, but look at where those tickets are. The face value is $2 on that ticket. I will not pay 29 times face value on a ticket. Even the Super Bowl is less than 29 times face value.
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 2:40 pm

Section:

Row:

Price:
$961.00 each

Quantity: 2, 4 or 6

What a big fat ripoff
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 2:43 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Section:

Row:

Price:
$961.00 each

What a big fat ripoff

Jaw Drop
Back to top Go down
GoGetEmTigers
GoGetEmTigers

Female
Number of posts : 57424
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : JV, Hunter, Jackson, Porcello, Avila (really ALL of em!)

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 2:45 pm

Check stubhub, some idiot has it on there and will probably get it!
Back to top Go down
http://alwaysatiger.forumotion.com
bobrob2004
DTF1 MODERATOR
Detroit Tiger

bobrob2004

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 2:46 pm

catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

Yeah, but look at where those tickets are. The face value is $2 on that ticket. I will not pay 29 times face value on a ticket. Even the Super Bowl is less than 29 times face value.

I thought they were in the same section that e-bay was trying to sell for $75.

I've never seen exhibition tickets sell for this much! (Unless you count the ASG as an exhibition game).
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 3:32 pm

At least the All Star Game has the best players in MLB play nine innings; This exhibition game will feature mostly minor league players playing after the first two innings.

Maybe prices online will go down closer toward the game;
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:33 pm

GoGetEmTigers wrote:
Section:

Row:

Price:
$961.00 each

What a big fat ripoff

That's 38.44 times face value ($25). That's insane!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 08, 2008 7:35 pm

bobrob2004 wrote:
catbox_9 wrote:
bobrob2004 wrote:

I thought they were in the same section that e-bay was trying to sell for $75.

I've never seen exhibition tickets sell for this much! (Unless you count the ASG as an exhibition game).

There's a slight difference. The eBay ones aren't as far out in CF. CF is like 500 feet at the Coliseum. I don't want to sit 90 rows back in CF.

It looks like I'm really going to have to break the bank here. This game wasn't supposed to cut into my $1000 baseball budget this year (that budget includes hotel accommodations in Phoenix, SD, SF, and tickets and gas) but it might have to. Good thing my credit card gives me free hotel stays - that will save me on hotels for at least a couple nights depending on how many free nights I can save up.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedSat Feb 09, 2008 3:14 am

Might have been cheaper to renew your Dodgers season tickets
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 15, 2008 4:08 am

I got tickets!

2 tickets in section 14 row 71 ( puke )....

Only $128 for $30 in face value rant

They're terrible tickets, too. I would've been willing to go $100 a ticket but all that seemed to do was move about 3 rows closer. I was hoping to sit on the first base side instead of 3rd base since there's no foul territory, but there's no tickets available unless you go to stubhub. I will not use stubhub - it's a total rip-off.

Here's the seating chart:

F***ing Dodgers! 21941s
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 15, 2008 6:05 am

COMING SOON (i.e., after 3/29): pictures from the Dodgers-Red Sox game at the Coliseum.

I got a mid-range (>$300) digital camera for Christmas despite the fact I'm not really a big photography fan. I figured since I didn't really need anything it might serve a purpose of some sort. I'm yet to take any meaningful pictures so I'll be interested to see how it works 71 rows from 3rd base.

I'll keep y'all updated.

Ugh...I just said y'all Smack
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 15, 2008 8:20 am

Surprised you bought tickets this quickly. Hopefully the ticket prices won't drop closer to the game.

Have Fun!
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 15, 2008 1:58 pm

I was going to wait and hope they got cheaper but I was worried they'd go up in price, too. Those tickets ended up being in about as good a section as any that were for sale, and didn't go for too much money.

On the plus side I discovered that parking at Dodger Stadium that day will be free and they're running a free shuttle to the Coliseum starting at 1 PM (game starts at 7). I guess they'll have to because the Coliseum's website says the 90,000+ stadium has just 6,000 parking spaces.
Back to top Go down
gs78
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
gs78

Male

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_minipostedFri Feb 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

F***ing Dodgers! Empty
PostSubject: Re: F***ing Dodgers!   F***ing Dodgers! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

F***ing Dodgers!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Other Sports/Teams-
Jump to: