DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
catbox_9
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
catbox_9

Male
Number of posts : 22295
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Justin Verlander
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Empty
PostSubject: Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)   Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Icon_minipostedWed Dec 26, 2007 4:09 am

I haven't seen this for obvious reasons but my sister got this big Audrey Hepburn photo to hang on the wall (the one of the famous scene in the movie where she's sitting at a table with a cigarette) and that reminds me of this movie.

My dad says it's his favorite movie of all-time for some reason No

Thoughts?

Last edited by catbox_9 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)   Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Icon_minipostedSat Jul 19, 2008 2:18 am

Bump

As I expected, this was nothing special. It tells the story of two people who fall in love. Stuff happens in there, but it's mostly a love story. The plot was okay but didn't really do much for me. There were some elements in there that didn't really seem necessary such as the mafia connections but then again, something had to happen to make the story work.

The acting wasn't bad. I felt like Hepburn and Peppard cared for each other on screen so it was at least believable. What ruined this movie was Mickey Rooney. He plays Hepburn's neighbor, a Japanese man. For those not familiar with Mickey Rooney, his is Caucasian and his would-be comedy is not the least bit funny. I don't have a problem with things that may come off as racist, but this was just stupid. The movie is not a comedy and having a white man play a Japanese man in a movie made in the 1960s is just terrible - it ruined an otherwise mediocre picture.

This is possibly Hepburn's defining role and after four films I'm not the least bit impressed with anything she has done. Her singing here was decent and the song won an Oscar which leaves me confused as to why her voice was dubbed in My Fair Lady. The scene with her at a table smoking a cigarette is probably one of the most iconic images in the history of cinema, but that's about all I got out of this. Eventually I'll give Hepburn yet another chance in Charade which also stars Cary Grant and is supposed to be like a Hitchcock film. For now, this is yet another poor film with Hepburn and I'm still wondering why the American Film Institute calls her the second greatest actress of all-time.

61/100
D-

UP NEXT: Let's keep watching bad movies and go with one of Alfred Hitchcock's worst - Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Last edited by catbox_9 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)   Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Icon_minipostedSat Jul 19, 2008 2:23 am

:haha:

Ahh, I didn't think it would be that bad.

And sorry about that PM earlier, I felt like telling someone.
Back to top Go down
catbox_9
catbox_9

Male

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)   Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Icon_minipostedSat Jul 19, 2008 2:29 am

For those that have never seen the image I refer to:

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Breakfast-At-Tiffanys--Audrey-Hepburn-Poster-C12215358
Back to top Go down
TigerLily
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
TigerLily

Female
Number of posts : 1848
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : How do I choose?
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)   Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Icon_minipostedSat Jul 19, 2008 3:53 am

Charade's much better. I was never on Tiffany's either, but you should like Charade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)   Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DETROIT TIGER FANS! :: Off Topic :: Movies-
Jump to: