DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
For full access to all our areas, please register (free), there are areas that do not show up until you register and log-in.
DETROIT TIGER FANS!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DETROIT TIGER FANS!

A place for Detroit Tiger Fans to come together for a bit of fun

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Please log in and join in the fun of game day threads (GDT) and in overall Tigers chat.
CONGRATS TO CABRERA AND HUNTER on winning 2013 Silver Slugger Awards!
DETROIT TIGERS - 2011, 2012 & 2013 AL CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPS!

Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female
Number of posts : 301
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Empty
PostSubject: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 10:55 pm

Spiralling colors defining the parallell dimensions.Vivid hues emerging from the lower reaches of the shadowy realms of chaos.
Staring in slack jawed disbelief as the scene became clearer.Shocked,shattered, lying on the platform struggling to absorb what was before them.(let alone what lay beneath).
Calm replaced fear when one of the tallest reached out to them with a voice that sounded like musical water, it had first appeared to be part of the mountain they lay on the base of.It's colors swirling, glowing ,alive as it moved toward them.
"You are here at last but the journey is far from over time is precious rise and prepare yourselves.You have much to learn of these worlds and their ways."
The mountain had new life as the water which was a gently trickling stream became,alive swirling with the energy of it's nature .Robed as if in living colurs.Rocks and dirt that made up the path now glowed with new life of their own.Bending the figure urged them to climb upon him.Sensing approaching danger and too stunned to argue they scraped and clawed to find their footings upon the robes of their guardian.As It rose they tumbled until it reached full height . Gathering their scattered wits they decide to explore the surroundings.
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
DTF1 ADMINISTRATOR Detroit Tiger
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedSat Oct 06, 2007 11:04 pm

Oh neat!!! Give us more!
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 2:09 am

After all the ridicule whispers and medicine Alex didn't question what he was experiencing.Merely gloried in his sanity which he had questioned himself from time to time.
Schizophrenic,the dullwitteds answer to a being with a first class ticket to an interactive experience with the realms that are,not always visible.
10,000 portals. Which ones were safe?How would he find his? Was the guardian to be trusted?
The paranoia was still there after so many deceits and tricks by the indwellers it was hard to trust anyone.No matter that it's wings shimmered with a brightness,music softly hypnotically twinkling from the tips of their irridescent ends,12 storys high , something about him was unsettling. A certain undercurrent of malevolence,permeated from the guide.As if right under the surface laid a venomous dangerous creature. He was smooth, pleasant, and magnificent .Having no other offers of assistance he would follow him.
As yet the other creatures he had glimpsed paid him little if any attention.Occasionally gracing him with curious,sometimes sympathetic glances.
Where are you taking me Alex asked as his guide encouraged him to climb upon his back.
To a place that all you need to know will be revealed.Alex pay close attention.
What is your name?Where are you taking me I demand to know this instant.

."His guide outstretched his magnificent wings,in a graceful instant they were in flight.Ahead Alex glimpsed a mountain. Splendidly arrayed in colors it appeared as a living breathing sensient being. Upon it's robes were two dazzling jewels moving around on it's surface. Upon closer inspection he realized the jewels were had the familiar form of people like himself.

Memorys of the recent past flooded over him. One moment fighting in terror as an otherworlder attemted to pull him through a chasm into this as yet undefined place. The next being drugged and carried to the isolation room of the psychiatric ward his "concerned friends" had him committed to. As he lay there contemplating his illfate and now sure helplessness at the hands of those who sought him out. An otherworlder appeared at at his bedside inviting him to come willingly and he'd complied.This being so different than any he'd encountered since he began his mathmatical exercise into paralell* dimensions.

Again memories washed over him and he had a sense of deepseated serenity. As he recalled the beginning of this foray into and out of mans reality.
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 2:20 am

A frown creased Victors sloping forehead as he began to speak. "Nus we hab all our own plobrems and this isn't good if people go away dat should be here. Dat man I sawed him he went away and den came right back in and I sawed som colours like a neber sawed before that were very pwetty I am retarded but I am not cwazy I did sawed him Nus, Now he is gone. Where did he go?"
"That's a very good question Victor", said nurse Schaaf and that's what I'm trying to find out". "Noone is saying that you are crazy Victor". You are here to have your bloodcount checked and a review of your medicine perhaps your medicine is causing you to have what are known as delusions", she said with a caring smile.
Back to top Go down
Ohios#1TigerFan
Erie SeaWolf
Erie SeaWolf
Ohios#1TigerFan

Male
Number of posts : 1473
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : Placido, Thames, Miggy, B.Inge

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedMon Oct 08, 2007 4:19 pm

WOW! Fabulous work! I wish I had the time to be THAT creative!
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedTue Oct 09, 2007 12:56 pm

Thanks I'm glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male
Number of posts : 8973
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : All of 'em, except the BAD ones!!
Registration date : 2007-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 9:24 am

It's starting to get real good.....more please!!

tiger Saint
Back to top Go down
SoulRat
SoulRat

Female
Number of posts : 9935
Favorite Current Tiger(s) : I like fish at the moment....
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedThu Oct 11, 2007 3:34 pm

That is really amazing win! I agree with saint, more!!!
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedSun Oct 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Please...... Bump
Back to top Go down
tigerswinloseordraw
West Michigan Whitecap
West Michigan Whitecap
tigerswinloseordraw

Female

PostSubject: Smoke and Mirrors TM   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedSun Oct 21, 2007 11:04 pm

Shimmering nearly invisibly a portal appeared to her right..Following the illuminated trail, she entered. Awash in a several shades of pink the room beckoned her promising answers, solace, and comfort. The voice of her guide came to her mind saying" There will be some pain. Do not resist surrender to your enlightenment ".
Spurred by the promise of understanding she laid down where all the lights converged one upon another, in an effervescent dance they fascinated , beckoned, and beguiled her. The clours deepened and lightened washing over her soothingly, lovingly, almost erotically.
Dazzling white circled a few light drops they were followed by a deeper shade of crimson mingling before her eyes and when they landed it was with a burning that went beyond any understanding she'd had of pain to that point. Mercifully they were followed by a soothing mist of light .Suddenly she was in a rainstorm of the crimson drops pelting her with a fierce intensity. Soaking into her skin upon impact. It occured to her that this was lifesblood. yet not like the blood that had flowed through her veins unnoticed up til now. Liquid rapturous pleasure and pain warred within her body as the dance continued within her.
Back to top Go down
tigersaint
Detroit Tiger
Detroit Tiger
tigersaint

Male

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_minipostedMon Oct 22, 2007 2:46 pm

ooh.....cool.

This is some good stuff....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on   Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Smoke and Mirrors tm. excerpt of novel I'm working on
Page 1 of 1